• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.

*rant* Umbrellas - FCSA members illustrations / calcs - 52 working weeks FFS

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #11
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    I got 50 quid from Lucy for helping with some spelling and grammar issues on the site. Have a chat to her in the online chat and see if the offer is still on.
    As if - you are from up t'north

    Comment


      #12
      Originally posted by lucyclarityumbrella View Post
      As if - you are from up t'north
      I spent hours translating it in to Yorkshire to meet accessibility and inclusion guidelines and I just get abuse.. Pffff
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

      Comment


        #13
        Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        I spent hours translating it in to Yorkshire to meet accessibility and inclusion guidelines and I just get abuse.. Pffff
        You don't even live in Yorkshire - at least I'm on the correct side of the Pennines albeit 3 miles North of that godforsaken deludedly overconfident county...
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

        Comment


          #14
          Originally posted by eek View Post
          You don't even live in Yorkshire - at least I'm on the correct side of the Pennines albeit 3 miles North of that godforsaken deludedly overconfident county...
          I'm just visiting. Cultural exchange like..



          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

          Comment


            #15
            Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post

            ...they just don’t get what umbrellas do, for a tiny fee they process your payroll

            That’s all
            Er, yes. That's the service I'm buying, and for £80-£120 a month, I want a slightly accurate illustration of what the net will be. Given the number of calls I had today from expensive* call centre sales people, all trying to convince me to use them / let them "source" the umbrella for me, there's clearly a battle for business.

            If your mate doesn't need me, name the business and I'll avoid it. (you might check with him/her first to see if their business really doesn't want forum business)


            *sales types, the are considerably more expensive than a simple online form... No?



            n.b. My accountant currently does the payroll twice a month already... and also does VAT monthly... and Y.E. accounts... with 2 x SAs too... for about the same. Why are umbrellas so expensive?

            M

            Comment


              #16
              Its been eye-opening to hear how many umbrella sellers are asking "FCSA" or non... and then offer variations of some sort of "tax planning" alternative... the mind boggles at the brass of these "people".

              M

              Comment


                #17
                Originally posted by mjcp View Post
                Its been eye-opening to hear how many umbrella sellers are asking "FCSA" or non... and then offer variations of some sort of "tax planning" alternative... the mind boggles at the brass of these "people".

                M
                Zzzzzzz

                Who did you go with ?


                Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

                Comment


                  #18
                  my lips are sealed.

                  Comment


                    #19
                    Originally posted by mjcp View Post
                    Er, yes. That's the service I'm buying, and for £80-£120 a month, I want a slightly accurate illustration of what the net will be. Given the number of calls I had today from expensive* call centre sales people, all trying to convince me to use them / let them "source" the umbrella for me, there's clearly a battle for business.

                    If your mate doesn't need me, name the business and I'll avoid it. (you might check with him/her first to see if their business really doesn't want forum business)


                    *sales types, the are considerably more expensive than a simple online form... No?



                    n.b. My accountant currently does the payroll twice a month already... and also does VAT monthly... and Y.E. accounts... with 2 x SAs too... for about the same. Why are umbrellas so expensive?

                    M
                    an umbrella has no money to do sales calls

                    a scam umbrella (which would eventually result in a visit to the HMRC enquiries forum) has an awful lot of money to spend on such sales calls.

                    be warned..
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

                    Comment


                      #20
                      Originally posted by eek View Post
                      an umbrella has no money to do sales calls

                      a scam umbrella (which would eventually result in a visit to the HMRC enquiries forum) has an awful lot of money to spend on such sales calls.

                      be warned..
                      Really? Paystream (who many recommend here) refused to give me an illustration by email and insisted that they call me, citing "compliance regulations". They then could not clarify what those "regulations" were. From speaking to others, its because they then give you the hard-sell on the phone. I looked elsewhere.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X