• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.

*rant* Umbrellas - FCSA members illustrations / calcs - 52 working weeks FFS

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #51
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    How fookin much??? Is that for real?? Linky. F me. I though it was a high bar but not that much. That's outrageous.
    Got to keep the riff-raff away.

    Plus the FCSA management need their gold plated offices..
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

    Comment


      #52
      Originally posted by eek View Post
      Got to keep the riff-raff away.

      Plus the FCSA management need their gold plated offices..
      I thought their requirement for x number of employees before they could be considered was unachievable let alone that.

      How on earth do they expect to get any new business if only accredited members are being put forward so the rest can't get the numbers to be accredited. Just stupid.

      I hope that is a 35k lifetime membership so they go bust next year.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

      Comment


        #53
        The FCSA accreditation is a simple way for the agencies / end clients to assume compliance with HMRC guidance. Nowadays I can guarantee that the number of compliance questionnaires received by umbrellas is pretty much zero, whereas previously it used to be with pretty much every new engagement!

        Anyone who is not accredited can still be compliant, but trying to get that through to some agencies / end clients is like hitting your head against a brick wall. For those not accredited it is causing "difficulties"!

        Comment


          #54
          Originally posted by Anonimouse View Post
          They charge £35,000 membership
          It's not that high.

          The cost of full FCSA Accredited Membership is dependent on the size of your business and the number of models you operate. Fees for Accredited Membership and the compliance review start at £11,250.

          More info here: Link


          Originally posted by lucyclarityumbrella View Post
          The FCSA accreditation is a simple way for the agencies / end clients to assume compliance with HMRC guidance. Nowadays I can guarantee that the number of compliance questionnaires received by umbrellas is pretty much zero, whereas previously it used to be with pretty much every new engagement!

          Anyone who is not accredited can still be compliant, but trying to get that through to some agencies / end clients is like hitting your head against a brick wall. For those not accredited it is causing "difficulties"!
          It depends on the requirements of the agency. I can assure you that many agencies still send compliance questionnaires, whether this is to see if they can work with us for one particular contractor, or whether they want to make changes to their PSL.

          Kind regards


          Zeeshan
          Dolan Accountancy

          Contractor Umbrella

          01442 795 100

          Comment


            #55
            11.5k is still a lot of money for a business with only 50 people on the books.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

            Comment


              #56
              Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              11.5k is still a lot of money for a business with only 50 people on the books.
              Yes, but it allows a chance to get on agencies PSL lists (provided you meet the agencies other criteria*)
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

              Comment


                #57
                Originally posted by eek View Post
                Yes, but it allows a chance to get on agencies PSL lists (provided you meet the agencies other criteria*)
                Woohoo... Just an issue of kick backs now then.
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

                Comment


                  #58
                  Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  Woohoo... Just an issue of kick backs now then.
                  you might say that, I couldn't possibly comment


                  and it's not a kick back

                  It's a marketing facilitation fee...
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

                  Comment


                    #59
                    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                    How fookin much??? Is that for real?? Linky. F me. I though it was a high bar but not that much. That's outrageous.
                    That was the fee quoted to me by an agent today

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X