• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

*rant* Umbrellas - FCSA members illustrations / calcs - 52 working weeks FFS

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*rant* Umbrellas - FCSA members illustrations / calcs - 52 working weeks FFS

An open rant to umbrellas and specifically the FCSA members:

Why do umbrellas give illustrations with 52 weeks worked when there is a statutory entitlement to 5.6 weeks paid holiday p.a. ?

More specifically, why do members of the "trade body", where membership is supposed to demonstrate compliance (and by extension, quality) persist in using a non compliant working illustration on their sites and calculators? How hard is it to either add a field for No of weeks worked or simply default it to 48 (or 47.4)? (not very)

Yes, yes... I understand that not everyone will take worked week into account when they sign up, all the more reason to ensure members claiming to be good via FCSA membership demonstrate it. (I did say it was a rant)

rant /off

M

I've got a bit of blue sky helicopter out of the box thinking. Why not contact the FCSA and ask them. The whole thing is a cartel to protect their existing members and close it off to new members with fresher ideas. They aren't helping contractors one iota.

You'd be helping by ranting to them to try get them to sit up and stop being the old firm and actually think about us and not their money trail.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

It’s the weekend, but I shall be on Monday when I ask for my detailed quotes !

My hope with a forum rant post is that a few more of us and the public nature might nudge more than my single communication directly.

As for the cartel, I agree and it seems a bunch of agents have drunk the koolaid - “You can use your own umbrella, as long as they are fsca”....

M

Comment

When I got umbrella quotes, I asked for a weekly illustration based my specified day rate, tax code, pension contribution and holiday roll up designation, and, largely, thats what I received. Where I did not, that umbrella was removed from my list.

This let me receive like for like illustrations.

Comment

Originally posted by mjcp View Post
          It’s the weekend, but I shall be on Monday when I ask for my detailed quotes !

My hope with a forum rant post is that a few more of us and the public nature might nudge more than my single communication directly.

As for the cartel, I agree and it seems a bunch of agents have drunk the koolaid - “You can use your own umbrella, as long as they are fsca”....

M
          Yes for the £30 a month you pay an umbrella, they will be fighting each other off for your business

Mate of mine runs a umbrella company and is about to ban permietractors like mjcp as they just don’t get what umbrellas do, for a tiny fee they process your payroll

That’s all

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
            Yes for the £30 a month you pay an umbrella, they will be fighting each other off for your business

Mate of mine runs a umbrella company and is about to ban permietractors like mjcp as they just don’t get what umbrellas do, for a tiny fee they process your payroll

That’s all

It's nearer £90 a month but it's still peanuts for the work required and the other costs involved...
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Can't speak for FCSA (as we are not accredited, but still compliant I hasten to add) but our calculator allows you to enter the Gross amount based on whatever days you work in the month.

Just saying

Comment

Originally posted by lucyclarityumbrella View Post
                Can't speak for FCSA (as we are not accredited, but still compliant I hasten to add) but our calculator allows you to enter the Gross amount based on whatever days you work in the month.

Just saying
                Do gay people pay extra tax?

“no GAYE deductions”

Comment

“no GAYE deductions”

Comment

“no GAYE deductions”

I got 50 quid from Lucy for helping with some spelling and grammar issues on the site. Have a chat to her in the online chat and see if the offer is still on.
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X