• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Screen sharing widescreen monitor in Teams/Skype: Others complain screen is too small

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Screen sharing widescreen monitor in Teams/Skype: Others complain screen is too small

Since I bought a 38" wide screen monitor, I have to keep changing my screen resolution from its default 3440x1440 to 1920x1080 whenever I share/present my screen in a Teams/Skype meeting or else every one moans my screen is too small. Most of them are using single/dual 1080p monitors.

Is there any simple/faster workaround without changing my screen resolution?. Work Laptop so I can't install 3rd party software unless authorised.

Thanks

Originally posted by css_jay99 View Post
    Since I bought a 38" wide screen monitor, I have to keep changing my screen resolution from its default 3440x1440 to 1920x1080 whenever I share/present my screen in a Teams/Skype meeting or else every one moans my screen is too small. Most of them are using single/dual 1080p monitors.

Is there any simple/faster workaround without changing my screen resolution?. Work Laptop so I can't install 3rd party software unless authorised.

Thanks
    I can’t think of one - thankfully clientco uses zoom for most meetings.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Funny - they complain your screen is too small. "But it's 38"!". Of course the issue is that their screens are too small.

Easy. Buy a smaller monitor, link both and share that one. That's what I do. Though nowadays I've found that the quality of my colleagues have improved and they have super-wide huge screens. Or weird mutant eyes.

Otherwise, just share the window.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Can't you just present the application and not your screen? I know in teams it gives you the option for screen or app but dunno about zoom
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Share one app.
          zoom in
          use accessibility features.
          set desktop to show large font and icons
          use 2nd smaller screen.

thats 5 solutions.
          See You Next Tuesday

Comment

…Is there any simple/faster workaround without changing my screen resolution?
            If only you had another screen of more appropriate resolution, such as…

Work Laptop …
            I would suggest you use the laptop screen when you want to share something. It’s that simple.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Sharing just one App has the same issue and you can't increase font/size of the Dev tools or Apps I am using, except for word documents

My work laptop is connected as well so I might check to see if sharing on that instead works. I think I tried that before with no luck but could be wrong. Only issue is that my ageing eyes are so used to the larger screen that I find looking at the laptop a pain.

Had I know about this issue, I would have just bought 2 * 1080 Screens

Comment

Sharing just one App has the same issue and you can't increase font/size of the Dev tools or Apps I am using, except for word documents
                But you can reduce the window size of the app. Resulting in the other viewers seeing it zoomed as they can full screen it.
                See You Next Tuesday

Comment

I have a 34-inch ultra widescreen and sharing the app instead of the window solves this for me. However, I always make sure the app is using half my screen rather than the whole screen. You mentioned you have a laptop so if this is not working for you just move the app to the laptop screen and share that. If you share PowePoint slides make sure you use the PowerPoint live option which shares the file rather than sharing your screen.

Comment

Working...
                  X