• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Parrotpay

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Parrotpay"

Collapse

• lucyclarityumbrella
    replied
    Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
    I wouldn't use them simply for how awful their website is.

Leave a comment:

• malvolio
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Even that isn't a given. There believe there are some poor options that are FCSA approved and there are many very good setups that FCSA have managed to exclude from a quality umbrella list.

They wangled it by paying a five figure sum to buy in to the big boys club. I wouldn't take anything else from it personally.
    WHS. FCSA membership (or "approval" )is rapidly becoming a poisoned chalice. As for professional Passport, that is as eek says, a contraindicator, not a recommendation.

Leave a comment:

• jmo21
    replied
    I wouldn't use them simply for how awful their website is.

Leave a comment:

• lucyclarityumbrella
    replied
    Originally posted by Gaskie View Post
    £600/day.

£1690/week on the regular PAYE scheme
    £1850/week on a slightly different scheme which includes some dividend payments, like a more traditional limited company approach
    Just looks like an umbrella take home vs a Ltd company take home, am guessing the second isn't employed - website doesnt really tell you anything at all!

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    And just to end my flurry of threads. There is an umbrella section part of the forums specifically for this type of question. You could argue it goes in to accounting but certainly not the business section.

Check the umbrella forums as there will be many other questions about different payment methods and calculations and the like in that section.

Can mods move it please or are you all too busy cracking open the Special Brew for lunch?

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    £1850/week on a slightly different scheme which includes some dividend payments, like a more traditional limited company approach
    There is no 'tradition limited company approach' with a brolly. Period. They do PAYE and that's it. The fact you think it's aligned with a LTD should set your alarm bells ringing like crazy.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    Are they FCSA registered/compliant? It'd be interesting to see how they wangled that. Maybe for a bigger fee they get to buy a certificate that covers the legit PAYE side and ignores the dodgy scheme.
    Even that isn't a given. I believe there are some poor options that are FCSA approved and there are many very good setups that FCSA have managed to exclude from a quality umbrella list.

They wangled it by paying a five figure sum to buy in to the big boys club. I wouldn't take anything else from it personally.
    Last edited by northernladuk; 10 February 2021, 14:02.

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied
    they're just one year old, and the sole owner is a 24 year old. The company is worth exactly £1.
    That's just 5 minutes of due diligence to find that out. without even seeing what their actual offer is.
    Run away on that basis alone. What if they go bust when they own you money?

Is this the new 'scheme'? Make it look legit by taking 40% of your money rather than 10%, but still just as dodgy.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by Gaskie View Post
    Hi all,

Just picking up a new contract gig and have been put in touch with Parrotpay as an umbrella.
    Before we go any further.. You say you've been put in touch... I am assuming by the agent. If this is the case NEVER take their recommendation. They are on kickbacks and nothing more. If you have the option to chose from a list or have free reign to go get your own then do that. Put some legwork in to investigate and find the option that suits you, particularly with so many different pension arrangements being run by the brollies.

If you don't have the time or inclination then just go to Clarity Umbrella. Lucy posts on here and some of us, including myself, have been with her before and she does the job properly.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    Are they FCSA registered/compliant? It'd be interesting to see how they wangled that. Maybe for a bigger fee they get to buy a certificate that covers the legit PAYE side and ignores the dodgy scheme.
    Unsurprisingly it's Professional Passport "approved" - it's cheaper and easier to pass than FCSA and doesn't have the old mates requirement.

I've got to the point now where I see that logo and think what scheme are they running - every Professional Passport umbrella I've seen in the past few months is as dodgy as f****

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Leave a comment:

• PCTNN
    replied
    I worked via an umbrella company once at £600/day and I was netting £1650 a week so at least the first number you wrote sounds legit.

Never heard of parrotpay so I'd be very careful if I was you.

Leave a comment:

• Gaskie
    replied
    I'm inclined to agree - Just wanted some opinions because it's not like they were offering 90% take home or anything daft.

I'll keep things nice and simple, it's not like I can't live on the first figure.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    Run away - do not pass go - pick someone else.

Any umbrella that offers anything that isn't full PAYE with (at most) the option of Salary Sacrifice into a pension is playing with fire.

And you will be burnt.
    +1

And if they offer anything dodgy its probably better to go with a CUK recommended umbrella.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Run away - do not pass go - pick someone else.

Any umbrella that offers anything that isn't full PAYE with (at most) the option of Salary Sacrifice into a pension is playing with fire.

And you will be burnt.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X