• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "new laptops available soon"

Collapse

• d000hg
    replied
    What's the safe word?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• courtg9000
    replied
    [QUOTE=d000hg;2800635]Fantastic high-end, 8Gb/128GB, £300... doesn't exactly add up to me.

Can I have one to review?[/QUOTE
    I don't have loan kit to issue to people for reviews lasting a number of days but you can arrange to visit here (15 mins ex M40 J13) for an hour or 2 to review one or arrange to meet me in London when I am there.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Fantastic high-end, 8Gb/128GB, £300... doesn't exactly add up to me.

Can I have one to review?
    Probably. £300 to you...

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Fantastic high-end, 8Gb/128GB, £300... doesn't exactly add up to me.

Can I have one to review?

Leave a comment:

• courtg9000
    replied
    Originally posted by elsergiovolador View Post
    I don't think "high end" and "8G" belong in the same sentence.

Even if you target consumer is a casual internet user, then 8G combined with Windows will only bring disappointment after a while.

Even 16G is not so impressive these days.

Maybe you could tell the manufacturer to cut ram to just 5G... 5G is the **** now.

Is it ARM or Intel?
    Its Intel.
    Funnily enough the manufacturer informed me of new models with 16 GB and other better specs an hour or so ago. I have just ordered some test/demo kit.

I am typing this on an 8GB/256 GB HD model with the 10.8 inch screen that I have been using since a few days before lockdown. It has full Windows 10, Office 2019 inc project and visio, Adobe CS Master and some other stuff on it and it flies along even with multiple apps and very large memory intensive files loaded (InDesign page layouts and stupidly large excel workbooks with very extensive VBA code embedded), The benchmarking test results were very impressive.

Leave a comment:

• elsergiovolador
    replied
    I don't think "high end" and "8G" belong in the same sentence.

Even if you target consumer is a casual internet user, then 8G combined with Windows will only bring disappointment after a while.

Even 16G is not so impressive these days.

Maybe you could tell the manufacturer to cut ram to just 5G... 5G is the **** now.

Is it ARM or Intel?

Leave a comment:

• courtg9000
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    That was a hell of an evening!
    More than one evening.
    Its always good to have a drinking session with Tarbs.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
    I’ve had at least 200 pints with court over the years,

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

That was a hell of an evening!

Leave a comment:

• woohoo
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    This, I have a Surface with the keyboard cover and have never used it as a tablet. It's a great little machine for on the go though and after upgrading the Windows S, adding an extra 256Gb SD card I can pretty much replicate my desktop when travelling, plus it's LTE too so not too much of a worry with WLAN when not available. Now to add a cloth to it...
    Yeah Surface stuff is great and I really wanted to make it work in tablet format. Just for browsing the web and taking notes etc.

Then I bought an ipad air and it's just miles better as a tablet, it just works.

Love the Surface hardware and as a laptop its great but Windows fails in tablet mode.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by woohoo View Post
    Ive had several window tablets and they are pretty crap. I have two surface books, 1 and 2. Never use them in tablet form.

I did briefly use the surface book 1 with onenote for taking notes but windows os doesnt lend itself to tablet form.

Im not your target market but if i was going to buy one a decent microfibre cloth would be a nice bonus.
    This, I have a Surface with the keyboard cover and have never used it as a tablet. It's a great little machine for on the go though and after upgrading the Windows S, adding an extra 256Gb SD card I can pretty much replicate my desktop when travelling, plus it's LTE too so not too much of a worry with WLAN when not available. Now to add a cloth to it...

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Originally posted by jainnode View Post
    is selling stuff, or promoting stuff for sale, allowed on here now then??
    I do a good trade in Cobalt Thorium G.

Buy now whilst stocks last!

Every insane global despot should have some!

Discount for quantity!

Supplied under plain cover!

Nuke available separately!

Leave a comment:

• jainnode
    replied
    oh, right.
    OBN

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by jainnode View Post
    Asking for advice on whether it's worth selling something is - well for people we like any way...

Leave a comment:

• jainnode
    replied

Leave a comment:

• woohoo
    replied
    Ive had several window tablets and they are pretty crap. I have two surface books, 1 and 2. Never use them in tablet form.

I did briefly use the surface book 1 with onenote for taking notes but windows os doesnt lend itself to tablet form.

Im not your target market but if i was going to buy one a decent microfibre cloth would be a nice bonus.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X