• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "what did you do [will you do] in your 50th year?"

Collapse

• milanbenes
    replied

still enjoying it

Milan.
    Last edited by milanbenes; 8 February 2024, 13:44.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Hired a bar, laid on a buffet and invited just about everyone I knew including some CUK denizens. Was very pleasant

Then flew out to Oz for a few weeks.

Enjoyed it a lot
    Cracking evening that was

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
    Well next month I shall let you know, but mostly surprised that it looks like I am going to make it to 50
    have a party with close friends planned & will use it as an excuse to spend too much on a new army (40K)
    Congrats - enjoy!

Leave a comment:

• quackhandle
    replied
    Tea & Biscuits.

qh is frugal

Leave a comment:

• edison
    replied
    My late 40s to early 50s was the most enjoyable period of my working life and my 50th year turned out to be a very good one overall.

My family organised a surprise party for me but the big celebration was taking the whole family to Japan for a holiday. It had been on my bucket list since I was 20 odd and it was amazing.

Leave a comment:

• Halo Jones
    replied
    Well next month I shall let you know, but mostly surprised that it looks like I am going to make it to 50
    have a party with close friends planned & will use it as an excuse to spend too much on a new army (40K)

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    yer mother

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Hired a bar, laid on a buffet and invited just about everyone I knew including some CUK denizens. Was very pleasant

Then flew out to Oz for a few weeks.

Enjoyed it a lot

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Hang on. Still trying to get me time machine working.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Got a couple of years to think about that. Hopefully I'll do nothing.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    My 50th birthday was during the March of the first lockdown. We were supposed to be going skiing.
    Didn’t really do anything special that year.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by malvolio View Post
    Ermm.. You hit your 50th year on your 40th birthday...
    You hit your 5th decade on your 40th birthday. You hit your 50th year on your 49th birthday.

I didn't want any fuss. But my sister-in-law insisted on organising things. So I ended up have three parties that I didn't want.

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    Went to Palma for a long weekend with 'er indoors. Rather pleasant it was too!

Leave a comment:

• BigDataPro
    replied
    I made lunch & dinner for family and we went out for desert, came back and watched a movie at home.

Leave a comment:

• hobnob
    replied
    Originally posted by malvolio View Post
    Ermm.. You hit your 50th year on your 40th birthday...
    If you're being pedantic, surely it would be your 49th birthday rather than your 40th?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X