• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "What are people's preferred job sights?"

Collapse

• Zigenare
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post

Now there's an image nobody wanted.
    But it's there though, isn't it? Every time you close your eyes...
    Have a chat with GJABS, he can help you.
    Btw, can you see Narnia?

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied

some people pay NLyUK good money to see it!

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post

Its NorthernladUK - abandon all hope those that enter him!

Leave a comment:

• Snooky
    replied
    Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
    My favourite job sight is watching useless contractors and permies getting binned because I'm evil like that.
    As a contractor that was usually my experience, watching all the others around me disappear. Weird being on the other end of it.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Pot, Kettle. You treat the BC section like General.
    Its NorthernladUK - abandon all hope those that enter him!

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Pot, Kettle. You treat the BC section like General.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by Snooky View Post

By which I assume you mean Business / Contracts - that's actually helpful advice, thank you. Mea culpa, I guess I don't spend enough of my life lurking on these forums.
    Not really about spending time here. The clue where to post and where not to post are in the text under the title.

General

All hope abandon ye who enter here. Seriously.

Or

Business / Contracts

For IT contractor companies to discuss business and contract opportunities.

Which do you think it is?

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by Zigenare View Post

Sounds like you failed to perform effective due diligence. How could a company you joined 4 months ago have its circumstances change so drastically in such a short time? INSYCOTBAP
    They could lose a major client. Management could make a snap decision. Elon Musk could buy it and fire everyone. Many things.

Leave a comment:

• _V_
    replied
    Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
    My favourite job sight is watching useless contractors and permies getting binned because I'm evil like that.
    My favourite job sight is first day on a new contract and you have a nice quiet desk opposite a lovely lady who wear overly tight tops and smiles a lot

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    When sorting out your CV, just write the job up as if it was a four month gig.
    Well it is a 4 month gig.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    When sorting out your CV, just write the job up as if it was a four month gig.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Changed title to a parody thread.

Leave a comment:

• GregRickshaw
    replied
    Linked In and CV Library only two worth bothering with IMHO. Sorry to hear you are facing redundancy after such a short time, I imagine you also didn't even make probation. The good news is as a long term former contractor you are likely very attractive to clients looking for contractors. It's time to come home.

Leave a comment:

• Snooky
    replied
    Originally posted by Zigenare View Post

Here's some more constructive advice, post it in professional...
    By which I assume you mean Business / Contracts - that's actually helpful advice, thank you. Mea culpa, I guess I don't spend enough of my life lurking on these forums.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X