• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Ok, I'd Like To Make An Announcement"

Collapse

• AtW
    replied
    It was obvious sockie - the nickname was a total giveaway...

Leave a comment:

• ravenshaw
    replied
    Originally posted by Guy At Charnock Richard View Post
    I met my Mrs at Charnock Richard when I was hitching down from Newcastle years ago
    Originally posted by Big Blue Plymouth View Post
    Used to get stuck there all the time hitching down from Newcastle back in the day...
    Inneresting.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post

Well, that's how Admin pays us...
    Cojak gets Zubrowka by the tanker, I get cases of Babylonstoren Babel and NAT gets wine gums.
    I believe admin pays you per ban so come on, pull the trigger and earn some dollah!

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post

He did give a caveat... guess this tells us they are pretty much constantly pished.
    Well, that's how Admin pays us...
    Cojak gets Zubrowka by the tanker, I get cases of Babylonstoren Babel and NAT gets wine gums.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied

Originally posted by tazdevil View Post

Think yourself lucky you could be the PM who had a bit of cake he was offered on his birthday on his way between meetings and has been pilloried ever since by upstanding people such as that paragon of truthfulness Alastair Campbell and BBC journalists , Sue Gray and the Police
    FTFY.

Heyho. Back to work.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

They do? Are you sure about that
    He did give a caveat... guess this tells us they are pretty much constantly pished.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post

Ok, I will bite.

Why dooes your name refer to Charnock Richard Services between Junctions 27 and 28 of the M6 , but your avatar is of Forton Services between junctions 32 and 33

The moderation team's (when sober enough) remit is to keep the forum full of high quality threads, by banning you they have set of a chain reaction of events which led to you creating this post in general meaning we can all pile on and call you a cockwomble.

Hazzah to the moderation team!
    They do? Are you sure about that

Leave a comment:

• Guy At Charnock Richard
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

Sounds like you might have met Bolshie then.
    What sort of a cheapskate company sends their employees to the services for a staff jolly?

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied

I met my Mrs at Charnock Richard when I was hitching down from Newcastle years ago so my quickly thought up handle is a tribute to that event.

As for the image, I didn't find a decent one of CR so I chose Forton instead.

Simples.
    Sounds like you might have met Bolshie then.

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post

So you went back to the tents!?

Last time I attended one of these thing was back in the permie days and Andersons treated us all to a 3 day jolly at Charnock Richard. The room next door to mine had a particularly noisey bed all through the friggin night so at least two team members certainly 'bonded.'

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied

You found a "decent" one of Forton from their Wikipeida page, but you didn't find a "decent' one on the CR wikipedia page which is linked from the same page as you got the image from?
    Never mind that, he calls himself "Guy" in his username, and "Nigel" in his signature.
    Maybe he's this man...

https://www.bcbradio.co.uk/presenters/nigel-guy/

Leave a comment:

replied

You found a "decent" one of Forton from their Wikipeida page, but you didn't find a "decent' one on the CR wikipedia page which is linked from the same page as you got the image from?
    Yep

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied

I met my Mrs at Charnock Richard when I was hitching down from Newcastle years ago so my quickly thought up handle is a tribute to that event.

Simples.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied

The moderation team's (when sober enough) remit is to keep the forum full of high quality threads

More soiled Primark misshapes than Savile Row.

Leave a comment:

replied

Ok, I will bite.

Why dooes your name refer to Charnock Richard Services between Junctions 27 and 28 of the M6 , but your avatar is of Forton Services between junctions 32 and 33

The moderation team's (when sober enough) remit is to keep the forum full of high quality threads, by banning you they have set of a chain reaction of events which led to you creating this post in general meaning we can all pile on and call you a cockwomble.

Simples.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Yesterday I posted an innocuous thread in the professional forums and received a number of replies accusing me of being another individual. I subsequently received a ban.

I find this absolutely astounding and I really have to say the moderation on this site is woeful.

You think you can just ban a new poster on such hearsay without allowing the poster to defend himself? This is not a good look for your site among the professional contractor community. I'm active on a number of other forums, including IPSE, and I'll be giving you a right panning over there too unless this situation is resolved.

Nigel
    Ok, I will bite.

Last edited by SimonMac; 8 June 2022, 08:33.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X