• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ok, I'd Like To Make An Announcement

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

He set up a new user account using another throw-away email address but still linked to the static IP that he was using previously, still hiding behind his alleged anonymity.
    That's a bit stupid.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by Guy At Charnock Richard View Post
      Yesterday I posted an innocuous thread in the professional forums and received a number of replies accusing me of being another individual. I subsequently received a ban.

I find this absolutely astounding and I really have to say the moderation on this site is woeful.
      Unfortunately we have a very active sockie master who posts trolling threads in General and in the Prof forums so we are always on the look out for the first poster that vaguely resembles a sockie and the hunt starts. It does mean some genuine people get caught up in it all. It's the sockie masters fault for spamming the forums which means innocent posters get caught up.

This is why I think the mods need to ban the sockies on sight. Not suffer them until the denizens are whipped up in to a witch hunt and accuse the next new poster. It would be nice if the said sockie master would F off permanently and this won't continue to happen but while we tolerate them (for reasons that completely escape me) it's going to continue.

That said your instance could be something completely different but still, was an opportunity to make the point about the Gricer stable.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I find this absolutely astounding
        You tell 'em like it is, Gricer

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

That's a bit stupid.
          Gricer is as thick as mince. It isn't that hard to produce a vaguely entertaining sockie and, if you do and you stay out of the professional forums, you'll probably get a pass.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post

Gricer is as thick as mince. It isn't that hard to produce a vaguely entertaining sockie and, if you do and you stay out of the professional forums, you'll probably get a pass.
            Who can be bothered with more than 1 account?!
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

Who can be bothered with more than 1 account?!
              No idea, TBH, but there have been some entertaining sockies with longevity, like nladyuk and MF.

Comment

Yesterday I posted an innocuous thread in the professional forums and received a number of replies accusing me of being another individual. I subsequently received a ban.

I find this absolutely astounding and I really have to say the moderation on this site is woeful.

You think you can just ban a new poster on such hearsay without allowing the poster to defend himself? This is not a good look for your site among the professional contractor community. I'm active on a number of other forums, including IPSE, and I'll be giving you a right panning over there too unless this situation is resolved.

Nigel
                Get IPSE to give you the answers then!
                Simples!
                Former IPSE member
                My Website

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post

No idea, TBH, but there have been some entertaining sockies with longevity, like nladyuk and MF.
                  MF isn't a sockie, he really is like that irl.
                  His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

You think you can just ban a new poster on such hearsay without allowing the poster to defend himself? This is not a good look for your site among the professional contractor community. I'm active on a number of other forums, including IPSE, and I'll be giving you a right panning over there too unless this situation is resolved.

Nigel
                    Think yourself lucky you could be the PM who had a bit of cake he was offered on his birthday on his way between meetings and has been pilloried ever since by upstanding people such as that paragon of truthfulness Alastair Campbell and BBC journalists

Comment

Nigel
                      Ok, I will bite.

Why dooes your name refer to Charnock Richard Services between Junctions 27 and 28 of the M6 , but your avatar is of Forton Services between junctions 32 and 33

The moderation team's (when sober enough) remit is to keep the forum full of high quality threads, by banning you they have set of a chain reaction of events which led to you creating this post in general meaning we can all pile on and call you a cockwomble.

Hazzah to the moderation team!
                      Last edited by SimonMac; 8 June 2022, 08:33.
                      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Working...
                      X