• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "How do you measure up?"

Collapse

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Yeh, found I need to be about 6" taller. Thought I was in healthy range but waist size of clothes you wear comfortably is not the same thing. Have to stop buying flapjack slices. But who can live without flapjacks??

PS According to recent research, the diameter of a lady's bum needs to be at least 5 times that of her shoulders.
    Is that research as published on your blog

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Yeh, found I need to be about 6" taller. Thought I was in healthy range but waist size of clothes you wear comfortably is not the same thing. Have to stop buying flapjack slices. But who can live without flapjacks??

PS According to recent research, the diameter of a lady's bum needs to be at least 5 times that of her shoulders.
    Last edited by xoggoth; 9 April 2022, 09:56.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    I'm at least 10 cm too short

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by Whorty View Post

When was the last time you saw Little Vetty without using a mirror?
    apparently you saw it more recently than me.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by Whorty View Post

Dammit, can't find the image I was looking for, the guy with a periscope. So this will hve to do

Click image for larger version

Name:	health-beauty-doctor-diets-obesity-height-bmi-lcan79_low.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	118.8 KB
ID:	4213663

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    Perfect when using inches to measure waist and centimetres for height
    Some on here, they know who they are, would still fail the test

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post

FTFY

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Perfect when using inches to measure waist and centimetres for height

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Only way that could be true is if you're a thalidomide survivor

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by Warty View Post
    I wish I measured up to Vetran, his chap drags on the floor
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• hobnob
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Is your waist technically where your belly button is - as this chap (or lady) is demonstrating? I thought your waist measurement was just above the hips... if you have any sort of a belly you'd get very different number.
    Quoting from the BBC article:
    "Explain to people that to measure their waist, they should find the bottom of their ribs and the top of their hips, wrap a tape measure around the waist midway between these points and breathe out naturally before taking the measurement,"

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Vetran is awfully quiet on this thread

That's more like it, the world is back to normal

Leave a comment:

• Gibbon
    replied
    Originally posted by malvolio View Post
    I'm just about 14 inches too short...
    Aren't we all!

Leave a comment:

• malvolio
    replied
    Waist measurement is fine. I'm just about 14 inches too short...

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Just did a quick rough waist measurement with string and it only comes up to my chest. Phew! Almost out of the danger zone!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X