• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Anyone got a PS4 they want to sell?"

Collapse

• OwlHoot
    replied
    One can buy a souped up battery for the PS4 controller, which is a good idea because the standard one supplied with it seems to run out of juice as fast as if it was powering a small town! I have to leave mine plugged in and charging up practically all the time!

(I use my PS4 only to play CDs and blurays on the TV)

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Well, we’ve just dug the Raspberry Pi 2 I bought years ago from under a pile of junk and are looking at uploading the appropriate version of Retropie.

I’ll let you know if it works.

Leave a comment:

• courtg9000
    replied
    Originally posted by mattster View Post

Built a retropie a couple of years back and sourced an old 3/4 ratio vga dell monitor off ebay (and HDMI converter). Worked well, looked really good and crt like with the scanline shader enabled as well. Must fire it up again actually, or maybe look at this recalbox (same as retropie or much different?). I built quite a nifty little joystick box as well which is gathering dust somewhere. The original plan was to put it all in a mini-arcade table top box but it sort of petered out..
    Recalbox seems quite different to Retropie. The interface has its nuances but I think it is better than Retropie though I believe they share some of the same end emulators. Recalbox also has Kodi installed. I tried Retropie to start but much prefer Recalbox.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    PS4 acquired through CEX - hopefully all good...!
    You gave it up for a 2nd-hand playstation? What'd you do for a new one...

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    PS4 acquired through CEX - hopefully all good...!

Leave a comment:

• mattster
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post

You still take his money, right?

MarillionFan
    Yes of course. I'm not a charity.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by mattster View Post
    This is for no. 1 boy who has been saving for over a year and missed out last Christmas and birthday, so hopefully will be a surprise this Christmas since I keep telling him they are still impossible to get.
    You still take his money, right?

MarillionFan

Leave a comment:

• mattster
    replied
    Originally posted by courtg9000 View Post

If he is a bit technical and can put a Raspberry Pi together he could give Recalbox ago. All the classics (ZX Spectrum, Atari 2600, NES, PS1, C64, Atari ST, Amiga, Sega Megadrive, over 30 emulated consoles and Kodi too! https://www.recalbox.com/
    Built a retropie a couple of years back and sourced an old 3/4 ratio vga dell monitor off ebay (and HDMI converter). Worked well, looked really good and crt like with the scanline shader enabled as well. Must fire it up again actually, or maybe look at this recalbox (same as retropie or much different?). I built quite a nifty little joystick box as well which is gathering dust somewhere. The original plan was to put it all in a mini-arcade table top box but it sort of petered out..

Leave a comment:

• mattster
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Why not get PS5? Anything less is unworthy of any proper contractor.

There are slightly over MSRP on Ebay now, and perhaps our local dirty spekulant will have a cheaper version
    They're not too hard to get now - just sign up for a stock notification service (a few on twitter and telegram) and be ready to act fast when you get the alert. I finally pulled my finger out about 6 weeks ago, and had one I think in about a week after missing out on the first couple of alerts. This is for no. 1 boy who has been saving for over a year and missed out last Christmas and birthday, so hopefully will be a surprise this Christmas since I keep telling him they are still impossible to get.

Leave a comment:

• courtg9000
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    Mr C wants to give gaming a go as an alternative to us watching the telly of an evening.

I don’t have a clue but there are a few sellers on Amazon selling ‘classic’ consoles, so I might get him one of those for Christmas.
    If he is a bit technical and can put a Raspberry Pi together he could give Recalbox ago. All the classics (ZX Spectrum, Atari 2600, NES, PS1, C64, Atari ST, Amiga, Sega Megadrive, over 30 emulated consoles and Kodi too! https://www.recalbox.com/

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Why not get PS5? Anything less is unworthy of any proper contractor.

There are slightly over MSRP on Ebay now, and perhaps our local dirty spekulant will have a cheaper version

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    I've just dug out my old PS3 and started playing PES2009 this week.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Mr C wants to give gaming a go as an alternative to us watching the telly of an evening.

I don’t have a clue but there are a few sellers on Amazon selling ‘classic’ consoles, so I might get him one of those for Christmas.

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    I've got a PS1, PS2 and N64 plus a box load of games. I really must get my @rse in gear and sell them as not played them for a decade!

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Probably worth a fortune!
    Nah. Up to £200.

Now the Jupiter Ace on the other hand, a bit more than that. (Assuming that anyone ever pays those crazy prices).

Leave a comment:

Working...
X