• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Leveling up my arse!!!"

Collapse

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    yeah absolute proof :

As for the active members of Hugo’s constituency party, if Sasha is to be believed, they are straight out of some lefty cartoonist’s playbook. ‘They hate in equal measure: foreigners, Europe, defence cuts, gay marriage, liberals, the BBC, Germans, the Japanese, the coalition and garlic.’

Seems Camermoron also mistook her for a pig.

I wonder if she had a book to sell?

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post

Missed that, which post is that?
    Here's the link for you:
    https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/...-the-cameroons

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    My "claims" in response to Whorty's assertion norther voters would be mad to vote for the Conservatives because of their expense fiddling etc included records of court or parliamentary proceedings proving more Labour MPs were prosecuted for fiddling expenses.
    I never mentioned northern voters, and I never mentioned expense claims. I said that there are xenophobes in the government, and they have some xenophobic policies.

The response was to accuse the Government of Xenophobia , I quite reasonably asked for proof of Xenophobic actions, the best I got was the opinion of John Bercow - I would have more respect for a roll of Andrex.
    You not respecting him doesn't make him incorrect. It just means that you are biased and blinkered to what he says, whether what he says is correct or not.

Nice try deflecting though fella. Keep up the good work

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied

You were provided a link to an article in the Spectator (former editor Boris Johnson) written by the wife of a Tory MP. But you rejected that because it proved you wrong.
    You then took the Boris path of deflection and changing the subject.

You have argued that a picture of the cabinet is proof of a lack of xenophobia, all I see is a bunch of British citizens sitting round a table. No foreigners there.
    Or are you saying xenophobia and racism are the same?
    Missed that, which post is that?

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied

So an accusation then? Did you prove it?
    You were provided a link to an article in the Spectator (former editor Boris Johnson) written by the wife of a Tory MP. But you rejected that because it proved you wrong.
    You then took the Boris path of deflection and changing the subject.

You have argued that a picture of the cabinet is proof of a lack of xenophobia, all I see is a bunch of British citizens sitting round a table. No foreigners there.
    Or are you saying xenophobia and racism are the same?

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied

Except that wasn't the accusation.

Worth said there were xenophobes in the government.
    Not that all the government was guilty of xenophobia, or that all the government had committed xenophobic actions.

You then tried to spin and twist you way out of it getting to the point where you said that people were accusing you of something that you say no one (including you) can prove, but that the accusation is "in their eyes" - quite an impressive feat with no photographic evidence of my eyes.
    So an accusation then? Did you prove it?

I reckon I proved a lack of Xenophobia in the cabinet by the pictures. Beats bulltulip Bercow.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    ...The response was to accuse the Government of Xenophobia , I quite reasonably asked for proof of Xenophobic actions....
    Except that wasn't the accusation.

Worth said there were xenophobes in the government.
    Not that all the government was guilty of xenophobia, or that all the government had committed xenophobic actions.

You then tried to spin and twist you way out of it getting to the point where you said that people were accusing you of something that you say no one (including you) can prove, but that the accusation is "in their eyes" - quite an impressive feat with no photographic evidence of my eyes.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    The irony is you are complaining their claims are unprovable after spending days demanding they disprove your own claims.
    My "claims" in response to Whorty's assertion norther voters would be mad to vote for the Conservatives because of their expense fiddling etc included records of court or parliamentary proceedings proving more Labour MPs were prosecuted for fiddling expenses.

The response was to accuse the Government of Xenophobia , I quite reasonably asked for proof of Xenophobic actions, the best I got was the opinion of John Bercow - I would have more respect for a roll of Andrex.

Sadly it seems you have trouble understanding.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    The irony is you are complaining their claims are unprovable after spending days demanding they disprove your own claims.

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied

I wasn't actually talking about you.

And how do I prove I am NOT what Watty & Warty accuse me of? The accusation is enough in their eyes, they don't need to prove it.
    Bingo! Took you long enough to get there but jolly well done!

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Ironically that was not my point at all, since you're twisting my words.

I like that you've used the "some of by best friends are foreign" defence though.
    I wasn't actually talking about you.

And how do I prove I am NOT what Watty & Warty accuse me of? The accusation is enough in their eyes, they don't need to prove it.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied

Precisely people twist the truth desperately to win the argument.
    Ironically that was not my point at all, since you're twisting my words.

I like that you've used the "some of by best friends are foreign" defence though.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Have you worked out which is different? And why?

Hint I didn't add the French.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Two people can support the same policy for different reasons so I'm not quite sure on that. It would depend on the policy I suppose. e.g. Tom wants strict immigration policies because he "doesn't want a lot of dirty foreigners", Dick supports the same policy because he wants to reduce population growth.
    Precisely people twist the truth desperately to win the argument.

For decades I worked with international teams, I am great friends with people all over the world because of this many are very competent & pleasant, the one I have the most difficulty understanding is Scottish. My god children are a mix of cultures, many friends are European but that doesn't mean I want freedom of movement or people trafficking but if I suggest both of these activities present problems then I am labelled racist & a xenophobe.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by Whorty View Post
    * And before you start, I'm not saying everyone who votes Tory is Xenophobic, I'm saying those who vote Tory because they support the Xenophobic policies do so because they are themselves xenophobes.
    Two people can support the same policy for different reasons so I'm not quite sure on that. It would depend on the policy I suppose. e.g. Tom wants strict immigration policies because he "doesn't want a lot of dirty foreigners", Dick supports the same policy because he wants to reduce population growth.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X