• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Anyone investing at the moment?"

Collapse

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Investing a little every few months.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by _V_ View Post
    Best £1000 I have invested:

Click image for larger version

Name:	rM6VHp5yt5cf.png?o=1.png
Views:	142
Size:	20.5 KB
ID:	4186947
    You had to buy it at the time.
    It did something stupid like 300% just this month, I got 50% and bailed out expecting it to pop - not something I wanted to to bed owning.

Leave a comment:

• _V_
    replied
    Best £1000 I have invested:

Click image for larger version

Name:	rM6VHp5yt5cf.png?o=1.png
Views:	142
Size:	20.5 KB
ID:	4186947

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Originally posted by jayn200 View Post
    I would think with all the cash printed globally without any economic output to back it that cash would be the worst thing to keep right now. Not sure what is the best investment though.
    Particularly since bonds are not flavour of the month at the moment.

Leave a comment:

• jayn200
    replied
    I would think with all the cash printed globally without any economic output to back it that cash would be the worst thing to keep right now. Not sure what is the best investment though.

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Originally posted by Gibbon View Post

Take one of your ladies to Monaco and put the lot on Black or Red, more exciting than spending it in a care home!
    Obviously not an experienced gambler. Because of the zero factor, Red-Black & Odd & Even have worse odds than if you cover columns & dozens & rows.

Leave a comment:

• David71
    replied
    Few Krugerrands in the last two months. Just waiting for gold to drop to £1970 / oz and I'll grab a few more.

Leave a comment:

• TwoWolves
    replied
    Energy stocks are going for a good ride this winter thanks to years of infantile government policy both here, in Europe and the US.

Tech stocks are overvalued and the broader market is risk-on.

Leave a comment:

• _V_
    replied
    Ask Elon for advice.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...in-just-a-week

Personally I use Twitter and get 100% gains in crypto in a week.

On the other hand, buy some old dead stocks in the UK and wait 20 years....

Leave a comment:

• Jog On
    replied
    Jpegs

Leave a comment:

• GJABS
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    a stock market crash is looking ever more likely.
    With over-priced US tech stocks, yes. But boring British sectors like the FTSE100, unlikely in my opinion. Everyone thinks the UK is dead, economically, and scoffs at the idea of investing here. Which makes it the best place to invest as that makes it cheap.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Petrol.

Got 18 litres last night at £1.349, drove 5 minutes down the road where it was £1.379.

If I had a tanker, I'd be a millionaire. Or an HGV driver.

Leave a comment:

• Gibbon
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post

Or maybe I'll just bet it all at the bookies.
    Take one of your ladies to Monaco and put the lot on Black or Red, more exciting than spending it in a care home!

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Crypto obv
    Or maybe I'll just bet it all at the bookies.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Crypto obv

Leave a comment:

Working...
X