• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone investing at the moment?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone investing at the moment?

Got some fixed term savings accounts coming to an end and not sure what to do with the cash, given all the uncertainties. Interest rates on new savings accounts are crap and I'm dubious about investing too much with all the things going on; a stock market crash is looking ever more likely.

What's anyone else doing with their dosh?
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Vanguard Lifestrategy 80:20 or VWRL ETF

Comment

Crypto obv
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        Crypto obv
        Or maybe I'll just bet it all at the bookies.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post

Or maybe I'll just bet it all at the bookies.
          Take one of your ladies to Monaco and put the lot on Black or Red, more exciting than spending it in a care home!
          But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Petrol.

Got 18 litres last night at £1.349, drove 5 minutes down the road where it was £1.379.

If I had a tanker, I'd be a millionaire. Or an HGV driver.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
              a stock market crash is looking ever more likely.
              With over-priced US tech stocks, yes. But boring British sectors like the FTSE100, unlikely in my opinion. Everyone thinks the UK is dead, economically, and scoffs at the idea of investing here. Which makes it the best place to invest as that makes it cheap.

Comment

Jpegs
                "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Ask Elon for advice.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...in-just-a-week

Personally I use Twitter and get 100% gains in crypto in a week.

On the other hand, buy some old dead stocks in the UK and wait 20 years....
                  First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Energy stocks are going for a good ride this winter thanks to years of infantile government policy both here, in Europe and the US.

Tech stocks are overvalued and the broader market is risk-on.

Comment

Working...
                    X