• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Redundancy & strikes under labour scum"

Collapse

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post

What side of the football pitch does he prefer to play on?
    No idea. I don't watch football much.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by Whorty View Post

Being on the left doesn't make you a marxist ... saying that though, the far right nut jobs, some of whom are in here by the looks of posts, think than anyone to the left of their extremist views is marxist so in their little minds then maybe you are correct.

What side of the football pitch does he prefer to play on?

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Labour are missing a trick on this one, sack everyone and then complain that the government are not tacking unemployment as the numbers are rising

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied

Well, Marcus Rashford, who campaigns and donates to homeless and child hunger charities - he's prefers to be a left winger.

( Source )
    Being on the left doesn't make you a marxist ... saying that though, the far right nut jobs, some of whom are in here by the looks of posts, think than anyone to the left of their extremist views is marxist so in their little minds then maybe you are correct.
    Last edited by Whorty; 7 September 2021, 10:49.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied

Well, Marcus Rashford, who campaigns and donates to homeless and child hunger charities
    Marxist bastard.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied

No, no, no ... that's not true!!!! Did you not know that Southgate and the whole England football team are Marxist? They are famous for their support of communism
    Well, Marcus Rashford, who campaigns and donates to homeless and child hunger charities - he's prefers to be a left winger.

Originally posted by Rashford
    When you are on the left, you can create a lot more things on your own, giving that little bit more
    ( Source )

Leave a comment:

• DealorNoDeal
    replied

No, no, no ... that's not true!!!! Did you not know that Southgate and the whole England football team are Marxist? They are famous for their support of communism
    Aye, Champagne & Bentley Marxists.

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by Lance View Post

and they are always the first to shout "snowflake".

What's most annoying is the mixing of the gesture of taking a knee with Marxism.
    Last I checked the most prominent 'knee takers' are far from Marxist (F1 drivers, American footballers, Met police, football players, politicians).

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post

You know the measure of a man by the company he keeps. BLM is campaigning for various people you really wouldn't want to live on your street, has a slightly scary agenda and has resulted in increased crime. Strangely even without BLM Officer Chauvin was going to be tried and convicted, as have many others that have used excessive force.

If you want to support an organisation dedicated to supporting criminals not justice then go ahead. There is the other matter of the leaders buying some very nice multimillion dollar property and money disappearing.

I'm all for removing racism but for me BLM is not the way. For football Kick it out was extremely effective as was the monitoring of fans we have done for decades. Now we mainly see other countries racism in the stands.
    The fact that BLM has some dodgy bedfellows and the UK version seems to have a fringe of hard left infiltrators, doesn't detract from the fact that some right wing people have a deep emotional response to anyone "taking the knee". They don't like it and want it to stop. Somehow, they appear to feel threatened by it. Fraidy Cat is well named. Seems to feel threatened by virtue signalling - or people who express solidarity with victims of racist attitudes.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    I love how taking the knee triggers (and BLM itself) the more sensitive right wing folk. It conjures up this image.

You know the measure of a man by the company he keeps. BLM is campaigning for various people you really wouldn't want to live on your street, has a slightly scary agenda and has resulted in increased crime. Strangely even without BLM Officer Chauvin was going to be tried and convicted, as have many others that have used excessive force.

If you want to support an organisation dedicated to supporting criminals not justice then go ahead. There is the other matter of the leaders buying some very nice multimillion dollar property and money disappearing.

I'm all for removing racism but for me BLM is not the way. For football Kick it out was extremely effective as was the monitoring of fans we have done for decades. Now we mainly see other countries racism in the stands.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by Lance View Post

What's most annoying is the mixing of the gesture of taking a knee with Marxism.
    Last I checked the most prominent 'knee takers' are far from Marxist (F1 drivers, American footballers, Met police, football players, politicians).
    It's the rights attempt to discredit BLM by conflating it with things like Marxism, AntiFa etc. They tried the same with the Capitol riots, they tried to say it was a false flag operation by AntiFa rather than a bunch of right wing conspiracy nut jobs.

Leave a comment:

• DealorNoDeal
    replied
    Perhaps they should start their own movement.

MACWMM - Middle Aged Conservative White Men Matter

https://medium.com/our-human-family/...n-3a6ac2ca3d66

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    I love how taking the knee triggers (and BLM itself) the more sensitive right wing folk. It conjures up this image.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied

Leave a comment:

• lorakeen
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    the sweet, sweet irony of this.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X