• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Should I act now or delay"

Collapse

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post

Nooooh! I voted, which tipped the balance to delay by one vote. But I was too late!

Let me guess - An email to clientco telling them you were walking
    Oh WALKING. Sorry, misread that.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    If you're 50/50, then you've already decided you want to delay. Otherwise you wouldn't be thinking about it.

I've added the AndyW option (or will in a tick).
    Not quite - tossing a coin adds a possible element of regret, which helps you decide what to do.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    If you're 50/50, then you've already decided you want to delay. Otherwise you wouldn't be thinking about it.

I've added the AndyW option (or will in a tick).

Leave a comment:

• Uncle Albert
    replied
    https://justflipacoin.com/

Heads = do it now, tails = delay.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    As tomorrow never comes, whatever you put off to tomorrow is never going to get done

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by Archangel View Post
    Whoops! I’ll leave the poll up for interest (just me then?) but I’ve just precipitated the decision! I’ve been drafting an email response and just hit send instead of save!!! So “act now” has been actioned. (I wonder if subconsciously that’s the result I wanted)

anyway, it’s done now.
    Nooooh! I voted, which tipped the balance to delay by one vote. But I was too late!

Let me guess - An email to clientco telling them you were walking

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    Originally posted by Fraidycat View Post
    Delay.

Never do anything today that you can put off until tomorrow
    Always put off till tomorrow, what you've already put off since yesterday.

Leave a comment:

• Fraidycat
    replied
    Delay.

Never do anything today that you can put off until tomorrow

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    No "Erm, dunno" option?

Anyway, hope whatever it is works out well.

Leave a comment:

• ravenshaw
    replied
    Whoops! I’ll leave the poll up for interest (just me then?) but I’ve just precipitated the decision! I’ve been drafting an email response and just hit send instead of save!!! So “act now” has been actioned. (I wonder if subconsciously that’s the result I wanted)

anyway, it’s done now.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	tenor.gif
Views:	111
Size:	3.09 MB
ID:	4176355

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied

anyway, it’s done now.
    So this thread was a complete waste of time. Whodathunkit.

At least the neg rep option is still available.

EDIT : Oh no it isn't. Meant to hit cancel and hit submit by mistake. Silly me.

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    I just received your e-mail and, I'm afraid the position has been offered to someone else because you were a dithering cretin. Actually, we were never going to offer you the position, but we thought we'd string you along

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Seriously trying to decide what to do on a tricky problem. I’m 50/50. Please help (without any detail, I’m hoping the result will nudge me in the right direction)
    Yes.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    No andyW option in the poll? Hard fail!

Leave a comment:

• Archangel
    replied

anyway, it’s done now.
    Last edited by Archangel; 4 August 2021, 17:18.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X