• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Foods from your past?"

Collapse

• GJABS
    replied
    Originally posted by _V_ View Post
    Flan case with sliced strawberries (or even tinned peach slices) put inside with cream poured over.
    Did somebody say "Flan"?

Oh no, it's the Phantom Flan Flinger!

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Proper trifles, and Eton mess with genuine merangue not the synthetic crunchy stuff which feels and tastes like powdery dried polyfiller!
    I have to say it tastes fantastic when it is actually served in Eton. I was just sitting there grinning at the bowl.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Proper trifles, and Eton mess with genuine merangue not the synthetic crunchy stuff which feels and tastes like powdery dried polyfiller!

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by _V_ View Post
    Flan case with sliced strawberries (or even tinned peach slices) put inside with cream poured over.
    We still make that

Leave a comment:

• mallisarealperson
    replied
    Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

I've still got a toffee hammer somewhere.

We had Jubblys down here in Wales too.

And TipTops.

From the ark: Five Boys chocolate bar.

Fry's mini eggs, same size as the Cadbury creme ones, but split into two & filled with marzipan or coconut ice or something similar.

Yeah Tip Tops

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Originally posted by mallisarealperson View Post
    Toffee which came with a small hammer.

Cans of TAB

Wimpy served on a plate.

And jubbly in the summer. But you might not know what they are unless you grew up in the midlands.
    I've still got a toffee hammer somewhere.

We had Jubblys down here in Wales too.

And TipTops.

From the ark: Five Boys chocolate bar.

Fry's mini eggs, same size as the Cadbury creme ones, but split into two & filled with marzipan or coconut ice or something similar.

There's a couple of packets of ancient* jelly I could make up and a tin of equally ancient *evap that would go with it just fine.

*pre 2014 at a guess, having inherited them.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 16 June 2021, 12:56.

Leave a comment:

• _V_
    replied

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by ravenshaw View Post

Inneresting.

And you think the ban hammer should fall swiftly and decisively but we seem to have this cycle where we put up with it to a point and then ban it but he knows he is pandered to in the early days so will just do it again? Why not strike early, cut the snakes head off and not give him the reason to just come back again. Seems ridiculous to me. He'll 100% get banned at some point so why not do it early. No one wants him here so what pander to him?

Leave a comment:

• mallisarealperson
    replied
    Originally posted by Great Britten View Post

Did you ever enjoy a Wimpy Bender Brunch?
    Bender the meaty Frankfurter

Click image for larger version

Name:	bender.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	308.5 KB
ID:	4167856

Leave a comment:

• ravenshaw
    replied
    Inneresting.

Originally posted by Excursion UK View Post
    I certainly remember swimming classes in the Beau Street Baths and then going on to the Wimpy afterwards. On one occasion, our PE master treated us all to a Bender Brunch followed by a Brown Derby.
    Originally posted by Malcolm Buggeridge View Post
    I remember giving our local Wimpy Bar a similar send off a few years ago when I went in for a "Bender Brunch" and a Knickerbocker Glory.
    Originally posted by wurzel View Post
    we would always go for a Bender Brunch and a Knickerbocker Glory in the Wimpy next door.

Leave a comment:

• Great Britten
    replied
    Originally posted by mallisarealperson View Post

Cans of TAB

Wimpy served on a plate.

And jubbly in the summer. But you might not know what they are unless you grew up in the midlands.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post

evap milk s still a thing.

my mum used to make a thing named 'roy's pudding' which was jelly made with evap milk. lovely.
    Now that I hadn't heard of. We used to have jelly doused in evap. Orange jelly with tinned mandarin segments in it, green jelly with sliced banana (never knew why).

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    I have fond memories of French Bread Pizzas
    I even made them...

Leave a comment:

• mallisarealperson
    replied

Cans of TAB

Wimpy served on a plate.

Leave a comment:

• Great Britten
    replied
    I have fond memories of French Bread Pizzas

Leave a comment:

Working...
X