• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Poll: What's your liquid cash reserves?"

Collapse

• NigelJK
    replied
    I think the vote is skewed. It should be 'How long would your warchest last?'

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by Fraidycat View Post
    He died filthy rich.
    So did not do particularly well?

Leave a comment:

• Fraidycat
    replied
    Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
    what kind of tulipty contractors have less than £100k in cash
    One richest person i knew (distant family member) kept a constant overdraft in his business account.
    The overdraft had a low interest rate because it was secured against property.
    Plus he could write the overdraft interest against tax as well, so it was even cheaper.
    He was always invested, he never held any fiat in his business account.

Fiat is a depreciating asset.
    He died filthy rich.
    Last edited by Fraidycat; 8 June 2021, 21:30.

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    I have 200,000,000 Reichsmarks.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    I've not had less than about £20K in cash for decades. It's sufficient to cover all emergencies. The rest is in investments - some riskier than others, some more readibly avalable than others.

I wouldn't dream of spending 5K a month on fine wines. Which is why I'm richer than sas. Rich people don't spend it - hence stay rich.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
    Ones who haven't been doing it very many years? Those who have invested it in other things?

Leave a comment:

• Andy2
    replied

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Where is the "I have incriminating pictures of Nuttina & aTw so he sold his sofa to pay for my hernia op" option?

£5K wouldn't fill the Bentley's internal bar!

Leave a comment:

• courtg9000
    replied
    Just read his story.
    Supposed to a contractor and one that knows what he is doing.
    Whats the advice about warchests again?

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by Whorty View Post
    You forgot the 'SAS' option .... "I'm a super rich, mega successful contractor, so have millions sloshing about"
    sas was (obviously) poorer than me, but he was and most certainly still is independently wealthy - most likely he spends 5 grand a year on fine wines.

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Inspired by Jog On's life story here -

https://forums.contractoruk.com/gene...ml#post2883958

I intentionally put a very low maximum so that people feel safe to answer.
    You forgot the 'SAS' option .... "I'm a super rich, mega successful contractor, so have millions sloshing about"

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    started a poll Poll: What's your liquid cash reserves?

Poll: What's your liquid cash reserves?

Over £5000
    87.50%
    ~£4000
    0%
    ~£3000
    0%
    ~£2000
    0%
    ~£1000
    0%
    I am Jog On and I have to borrow from illegal cryptobanks for emergencies
    12.50%
    Inspired by Jog On's life story here -

https://forums.contractoruk.com/gene...ml#post2883958

I intentionally put a very low maximum so that people feel safe to answer.

Working...
X