• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "You will never get to EU heaven Guy"

Collapse

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    Hardly fanatical, I look on the front page of the newspaper, see a very senior mover & shaker in the EU condemn its behaviour and then I post a link and summary as it is of interest.

I haven't looked for every made up story vaguely suggesting the UK is going to implode like some people do in in the subforum.
    Looking at the sub-forum, these are stories about the UK (UK fishing, UK exports, UK trade deals etc) so valid on a UK forum.

All your links are about the EU. It seems that you think by posting negatives about the EU you can deflect from how negatively 'B' is impacting the UK. This does come across as fanatical and does make you look foolish and desperate.

Instead, why not post up positive stories about the UK? Or is it a case that you can't find any post 'B'?

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by Whorty View Post
    But you are fanatical in trying to find a story, any story, that is negative about the EU. If it's stories you're sharing, why don't you share the positives about the EU too, rather than only the negative?

Seems you have to find and post these stories to try justify you voting for B****t .... it's actually quite sad mate. It's a little, smidgy bit obsessive
    Hardly fanatical, I look on the front page of the newspaper, see a very senior mover & shaker in the EU condemn its behaviour and then I post a link and summary as it is of interest.

I haven't looked for every made up story vaguely suggesting the UK is going to implode like some people do in in the subforum.

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Its world news sorry if you don't find it interesting when the leaders decry the organisation. We are on the 4th page.

I am not a fanatical supporter of the tories but they do seem to be the only party in town.
    But you are fanatical in trying to find a story, any story, that is negative about the EU. If it's stories you're sharing, why don't you share the positives about the EU too, rather than only the negative?

Seems you have to find and post these stories to try justify you voting for B****t .... it's actually quite sad mate. It's a little, smidgy bit obsessive

Leave a comment:

• Paralytic
    replied
    Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
    Boris apparently demanded a Union Jack be put on this variant as a symbol of 'Global Britain'
    I hear Johnson also proclaims it is a world-beating variant, so much better than that South African one.

Leave a comment:

• mallisarealperson
    replied
    Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    It started off as the Wuhan virus, got renamed to COVID after they found out what it was and then renamed the Chinese Plague by Trump, which he always said in a sneering tone.
    I thought Trump called it Kung Flu.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by Whorty View Post
    You really are obsessed with the EU aren't you? It's an 'us' vs 'them' all the time for you. You also must think that those of us who voted remain are somehow supporters of all things EU, whatever they do, just as you are a fanatical supporter of the Tories whether they are right or not.

Very strange way to live your life. but, if it makes you happy then you carry on mate

Its world news sorry if you don't find it interesting when the leaders decry the organisation. We are on the 4th page.

I am not a fanatical supporter of the tories but they do seem to be the only party in town.

Leave a comment:

• mattster
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    They were loons long before covid-19 came along, and using their quotes to support any argument is a bit dumb and show the bedfellows of the poster. If that's what mattser was doing, which isn't clear.
    Steady on! I was just trying to highlight his total hypocrisy. I think he's a loon too!

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Originally posted by mattster View Post
    The irony is that the "Spanish" flu actually originated in the US, I believe?
    Not known for sure but probably didn't come from Spain.

Why Was It Called the 'Spanish Flu?' - HISTORY.

While there are some extra risks in some countries, like these "wet markets", these things, or variants of them, can probably pop up anywhere.

PS Watch out for atW spreading something caught from squirrels.
    PPS I ought to stop bonking lady pigs.
    Last edited by xoggoth; 16 February 2021, 13:11.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Agree we should avoid labelling a virus by a geographic description. So no Kent or Wuhan virus.
    It was useful early on to talk about wuflu. Later as it spread globally it didn't give any useful information. What we have now is

Covid-19:
    Wuhan/Chinese variant
    UK variant
    Kent variant.
    Brazil variant
    S.A. variant.

Perfectly innocuous and nothing to get triggered by - whether you're woke, or slept. But Roger Helmer and Paul Joseph Watson are not loons because they insist on Chinese Virus or Wuhan Virus. Nor are they loons because their motivation is xenophobia. They were loons long before covid-19 came along, and using their quotes to support any argument is a bit dumb and show the bedfellows of the poster. If that's what mattser was doing, which isn't clear.

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    No unfortunately it is a reality, we missed a bullet there.

How they respond to a screw up normally shows the measure of an organisation. Do you think they are responding well?
    You keep pushing this lie ... we were still members of the EU via the transition period and we chose to not be part of the EU vaccine scheme; others could have done the same. In hindsight, strangely a correct decision by the Tories, but given how they fecked up the whole managing of the pandemic it was a bit of shutting the door after the horse had already bolted.

No, I don't think the EU is dealing with the vaccines well. But then, I'm not an EU fanboy.

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Anyone here think that the EU never screws up? Nope, me neither. Just another Brexiter fantasy.
    It is indeed a strange thing that Vetran does - constantly posting negatives about the EU as if that will trigger those who voted remain, presumably based on the false assumption that we support everything the EU does. Quite bizarre.

Leave a comment:

• mattster
    replied
    The problem was that Trump politicised the whole pandemic, so Republicans were sneering about the Chinese plague, beforehand it was not an issue. We still call Spanish flu, Spanish flu, but that's because no-one used it to sneer at Spaniards.
    The irony is that the "Spanish" flu actually originated in the US, I believe?

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    You really are obsessed with the EU aren't you? It's an 'us' vs 'them' all the time for you. You also must think that those of us who voted remain are somehow supporters of all things EU, whatever they do, just as you are a fanatical supporter of the Tories whether they are right or not.

Very strange way to live your life. but, if it makes you happy then you carry on mate

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    lets now quote these loonies!

Time to stop the use of ‘Wuhan virus’, ‘China virus’ or ‘Chinese virus’ across the scientific community | BMJ Global Health

Agree we should avoid labelling a virus by a geographic description. So no Kent or Wuhan virus.
    The problem was that Trump politicised the whole pandemic, so Republicans were sneering about the Chinese plague, beforehand it was not an issue. We still call Spanish flu, Spanish flu, but that's because no-one used it to sneer at Spaniards.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Only if you're a tin-foil hat wearing moron who think it was manufactured by the Chinese to unleash on the world. To the rest of us, it's merely descriptive.

And why is anyone quote loonies like Roger Helmer or Paul Joseph Watson?

lets now quote these loonies!

Time to stop the use of ‘Wuhan virus’, ‘China virus’ or ‘Chinese virus’ across the scientific community | BMJ Global Health

In many areas of the world, phrases such as ‘Wuhan virus’, ‘China virus’ and ‘Chinese virus’ have been frequently used by laypeople, influential politicians and mass media to refer to the virus SARS-CoV-2 that caused the COVID-19 pandemic.1 Naming a virus after a geographic location or group of people is not unheard-of, for example, the Middle East respiratory syndrome (MERS) and the Legionnaires’ disease.2 However, having precedence is not a de facto justification for using these alternatives, as mentioned above, to SARS-CoV-2. Replacing SARS-CoV-2 with ‘Wuhan virus’, ‘China virus’ or ‘Chinese virus’ hinders the public’s understanding and perception of the novel coronavirus.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X