• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "New gig - Agencies arguing again"

Collapse

• malvolio
    replied
    Originally posted by hugebrain View Post
    Tell agency number 1 that you have to use agency 2.
    Tell agency number 2 that you have to use agency 1.
    Go direct.
    Yeah, that'll work...

Leave a comment:

• malvolio
    replied
    Originally posted by hugebrain View Post
    Go direct.
    Yeah, that'll work....

Leave a comment:

• hugebrain
    replied
    Go direct.

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    Originally posted by Whorty View Post

But it's your attitude that allowed this to happen ... being fine agency 2 tag along is never fine if you have agreed with agency 1 that they can represent you.

So yes, agency 2 dodgy, but sounds like you're happy them being dodgy if it gets you a job. Work ethically yourself, and work with ethical agencies, and these issues will never crop up.
    Ah you misunderstand.... Agency 2 asked me and I said "I've already been submitted". They then asked me for the job ref which I got off agency 1. They said "ah ok".

Didn't hear from them, didn't give them permission until this.

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by psychocandy View Post

See what you mean and, to be honest, most agencies are very keen on this representation email these days. For some reason, agency 1 forgot to do it.

I do try to be a bit flexible with agents. I'm sure we've all had the "yes I'll submit you to client" then find out they didn't so in this case if agency 2 want to tag along then thats fine by me.

Some very dodgy stealing attempted by agency 2 here though - bit off indeed.
    But it's your attitude that allowed this to happen ... being fine agency 2 tag along is never fine if you have agreed with agency 1 that they can represent you.

So yes, agency 2 dodgy, but sounds like you're happy them being dodgy if it gets you a job. Work ethically yourself, and work with ethical agencies, and these issues will never crop up.

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    Originally posted by Whorty View Post
    PC ... learn from this ... in future, put it in writing. It's that simple. Just ping an email to the agency, responding to the email where they sent you the job spec etc, and say that you do not give them permission to represent you.

Even if agency 1 hadn't entered you on the system correctly (or more likely just not got around to it), it doesn't give agency 2 the right to steal you when you have not given them permission.

Maybe change agencies you use too ... they sound dodgy.
    See what you mean and, to be honest, most agencies are very keen on this representation email these days. For some reason, agency 1 forgot to do it.

I do try to be a bit flexible with agents. I'm sure we've all had the "yes I'll submit you to client" then find out they didn't so in this case if agency 2 want to tag along then thats fine by me.

Some very dodgy stealing attempted by agency 2 here though - bit off indeed.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
    ]​And I thought this thread wasn't going to be worth reading...
    Tip for you. Check the poster. You would have had your answer there

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    To be fair I thought this thread would more along the lines of he's applied to two agents, both have found out who he is and both are trying to wash their hands of him. You have him, no you have him...
    ​And I thought this thread wasn't going to be worth reading...

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    PC ... learn from this ... in future, put it in writing. It's that simple. Just ping an email to the agency, responding to the email where they sent you the job spec etc, and say that you do not give them permission to represent you.

Even if agency 1 hadn't entered you on the system correctly (or more likely just not got around to it), it doesn't give agency 2 the right to steal you when you have not given them permission.

Maybe change agencies you use too ... they sound dodgy.

Leave a comment:

• BigDataPro
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    To be fair I thought this thread would more along the lines of he's applied to two agents, both have found out who he is and both are trying to wash their hands of him. You have him, no you have him...

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by Paralytic View Post

It's funny you should say that, because, technically, water is not wet - it makes other things wet.
    Like his bed at night?

Leave a comment:

• Paralytic
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post

Because if I am told something, especially by PC, I will validate even if he tells me water is wet!
    It's funny you should say that, because, technically, water is not wet - it makes other things wet.

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    Originally posted by malvolio View Post

So despite being told his application is already in progress through Agency 1, Agency 2 has logged him on to PSR meaning that the client is now obliged to pursue the engagement through them, meaning Agency 1 did all the work and will not get any reward. So the OP is on PSR but Agency 2 has got their name on the record despite being told they do not represent him.

And that is acceptable behaviour how, exactly...?

Agency 1 cocked up their side, but neither side has behaved properly.

When hiring people, I've been presented the same candidate through 2 agencies more than once. After the first time, and the pain I had to go through to sort it out, I simply ditch that candidate's application(s).
    Luckily Agency 2 has now dropped the issue. Sounds very much like they tried it on, knowing full well they did none of the work.
    I remember the conversation with agency 2 before xmas, telling them I already had an interview lined up for this.

As mentioned, I had a call from a "Resource Manager" at the client yesterday telling me I had to use Agency 2. Then hours later it all changed again. I've got a sneeky feeling that "Resource Manager" was someones colleague in the office at Agency 2. Dodgy....

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    Originally posted by malvolio View Post

Which means that Agency 1 has done the procurement stuff but ignored the rules about PSR and another one ignored the fact the OP was already represented and logged him on to PSR.

So one is incompetent and the other one is incompetent. Or the rules need reinforcing: knowing the PS hiring community, I'd suggest the latter.
    Which I think is what happened exactly....

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X