• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New gig - Agencies arguing again

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post

It's funny you should say that, because, technically, water is not wet - it makes other things wet.
    Like his bed at night?
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      To be fair I thought this thread would more along the lines of he's applied to two agents, both have found out who he is and both are trying to wash their hands of him. You have him, no you have him...

Comment

PC ... learn from this ... in future, put it in writing. It's that simple. Just ping an email to the agency, responding to the email where they sent you the job spec etc, and say that you do not give them permission to represent you.

Even if agency 1 hadn't entered you on the system correctly (or more likely just not got around to it), it doesn't give agency 2 the right to steal you when you have not given them permission.

Maybe change agencies you use too ... they sound dodgy.
        I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          To be fair I thought this thread would more along the lines of he's applied to two agents, both have found out who he is and both are trying to wash their hands of him. You have him, no you have him...
          ​And I thought this thread wasn't going to be worth reading...

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
            ]​And I thought this thread wasn't going to be worth reading...
            Tip for you. Check the poster. You would have had your answer there
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
              PC ... learn from this ... in future, put it in writing. It's that simple. Just ping an email to the agency, responding to the email where they sent you the job spec etc, and say that you do not give them permission to represent you.

Even if agency 1 hadn't entered you on the system correctly (or more likely just not got around to it), it doesn't give agency 2 the right to steal you when you have not given them permission.

Maybe change agencies you use too ... they sound dodgy.
              See what you mean and, to be honest, most agencies are very keen on this representation email these days. For some reason, agency 1 forgot to do it.

I do try to be a bit flexible with agents. I'm sure we've all had the "yes I'll submit you to client" then find out they didn't so in this case if agency 2 want to tag along then thats fine by me.

Some very dodgy stealing attempted by agency 2 here though - bit off indeed.
              Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post

See what you mean and, to be honest, most agencies are very keen on this representation email these days. For some reason, agency 1 forgot to do it.

I do try to be a bit flexible with agents. I'm sure we've all had the "yes I'll submit you to client" then find out they didn't so in this case if agency 2 want to tag along then thats fine by me.

Some very dodgy stealing attempted by agency 2 here though - bit off indeed.
                But it's your attitude that allowed this to happen ... being fine agency 2 tag along is never fine if you have agreed with agency 1 that they can represent you.

So yes, agency 2 dodgy, but sounds like you're happy them being dodgy if it gets you a job. Work ethically yourself, and work with ethical agencies, and these issues will never crop up.
                I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post

But it's your attitude that allowed this to happen ... being fine agency 2 tag along is never fine if you have agreed with agency 1 that they can represent you.

So yes, agency 2 dodgy, but sounds like you're happy them being dodgy if it gets you a job. Work ethically yourself, and work with ethical agencies, and these issues will never crop up.
                  Ah you misunderstand.... Agency 2 asked me and I said "I've already been submitted". They then asked me for the job ref which I got off agency 1. They said "ah ok".

Didn't hear from them, didn't give them permission until this.
                  Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Tell agency number 1 that you have to use agency 2.
                    Tell agency number 2 that you have to use agency 1.
                    Go direct.

Comment

Originally posted by hugebrain View Post
                      Tell agency number 1 that you have to use agency 2.
                      Tell agency number 2 that you have to use agency 1.
                      Go direct.
                      Yeah, that'll work....
                      Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Working...
                      X