• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New gig - Agencies arguing again

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New gig - Agencies arguing again

Getting a bit sick of this now.... Not the first time.

Spoke to agency before xmas. Got interview etc.
    In the meantime, someone else called me. They didn't put me forward but then I realised it was same gig so told them I was already represented.

Anyway, got the gig.

Agency 1 is now sorting out contract etc.
    Agency 2 phones me this am to say Agency 1 didn't register me with client properly, but they (Agency 2) did, and then manager got confused and should have arranged interview with Agency 2 not Agency 1. So I have to go with Agency 2 (they say!)

This didn't end well last time it happened. Agencies got into a right bun fight and ended up with them dropping me.

Jeez - I've told Agency 2 I'm going to sit back and let the client sort this mess out, but just to be aware, been here before, so I'll still be looking for alternatives in the meantime until this mess is sorted out.

Nothing else I can do I guess?
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

If you told Agency 2 that you were already represented, why did they go ahead and register you with the end client? That sounds a bit iffy, regardless of whether Agency 1 made any mistakes.

Comment

Originally posted by hobnob View Post
      If you told Agency 2 that you were already represented, why did they go ahead and register you with the end client? That sounds a bit iffy, regardless of whether Agency 1 made any mistakes.
      Exactly..... They said they registered me on the "portal" for any other positions that come along. Multiple positions with this client.....

Who knows whos lying after all?

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post

Exactly..... They said they registered me on the "portal" for any other positions that come along. Multiple positions with this client.....

My guess is all three - the two agents and you.

Have YOU made agent 2 aware that agent 1 is preparing the contract, and provided them with the name of your contact at agent 1?
        Have YOU made agent 1 aware that agent 2 thinks the contract is going through them, and provided them with the name of your contact at agent 2?
        Have YOU spoken to the client about it?

If YOU aren't careful, you'll end up with no contract.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Well that's obvious....

It's like I keep saying. Agencies sell their clients on the idea they have a pool of their own contracted resources for any upcoming work. Since clients deal with agencies, they have no reference point to how nonsense that really is. Worse, sone agents believe their agency's hype and treat you as their resource, which is where your problem started.
          Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Also find out the company the agency is claiming to have a vacancy with. No client name, no job specification, it doesn't exist.

Never let more than 1 agency have the right to represent you for any vacancy at that company.
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by hobnob View Post
              yes I always refuse to get involved with agencies that have put me forward to client without my permission...

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

My guess is all three - the two agents and you.

Have YOU made agent 2 aware that agent 1 is preparing the contract, and provided them with the name of your contact at agent 1?
                Have YOU made agent 1 aware that agent 2 thinks the contract is going through them, and provided them with the name of your contact at agent 2?
                Have YOU spoken to the client about it?

If YOU aren't careful, you'll end up with no contract.
                Yep to all three.

"Resource Manager" at client just called me to say its going ahead through agent 2 and to ignore agent 1. OK fair enough. We'll see what happens then.

Comment

"Resource Manager" at client just called me to say its going ahead through agent 2 and to ignore agent 1. OK fair enough. We'll see what happens then.

Get that in writing/email from him. Resource managers will say what they need to to get a resource in. They are not the ones who will be sued by an agent for loss of earnings.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

You have a lot of bad luck, PC....

Comment

Working...
                    X