• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Anyone met a racist remainer?"

Collapse

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
    If someone ever says "I'm not racist but..." then they probably are.
    racist!

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by BR14 View Post
    Indeed

Leave a comment:

• BR14
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post

Well I am not sure why you are still supporting the Sussexs in their lies that have been proven incorrect with "you don't understand racism"

Throughout the interview they claimed or inferred that many of the decisions were because of racism, as these accusations have slowly been proven incorrect with copies of the legislation, documentary evidence etc published in many publications you have continue to defend them because of your belief (not apparently based in fact) that it is because Meghan is not white. I don't care about the colour of their skins they are just liars.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/h...ough-gcwzdxs6l

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/202...-archie-title/
    So you have no evidence then that I make discriminatory decisions about someone based on their skin colour? Thought not.

Feel free to keep calling me a racist, if it makes you feel good, but you've just confirmed to everyone on here that you're wrong.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by Whorty View Post
    Interesting ...... can you quote where I have used someone's skin colour to decide if they are telling the truth?

I'm not aware that I have ever done that, either on a forum or real life, but I should most definitely be called up on it if I have.

Oh, and if you're going to suggest I'm racist against you then I'm afraid that can't be the case as you can't be racist against your own skin/race. In that case, you can refer to me as a t0sser, winker or other such term, but not racist
    Well I am not sure why you are still supporting the Sussexs in their lies that have been proven incorrect with "you don't understand racism"

Throughout the interview they claimed or inferred that many of the decisions were because of racism, as these accusations have slowly been proven incorrect with copies of the legislation, documentary evidence etc published in many publications you have continue to defend them because of your belief (not apparently based in fact) that it is because Meghan is not white. I don't care about the colour of their skins they are just liars.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/h...ough-gcwzdxs6l

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex’s claims that their son Archie was denied security protection because he was not a prince are “utter nonsense”, police and Home Office sources said yesterday.

The Metropolitan Police, which protects the royal family around the globe, stopped providing security when the couple stepped down as working members while in Canada last spring.
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/202...-archie-title/

Stripping Harry and Meghan of security had nothing to do with Archie title decision

UK police protection for the Sussexes was withdrawn by government body after they had stepped down from day-to-day royal duties

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied

The Fail and the Express, those wonderful reporters of truth and integrity
    Are you saying the documents and their proof has been fabricated? Oh the Sussexs won't be poor any more once they take the Wail to court.

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by MasterBait View Post

Oh yeah? Where?
    The Fail and the Express, those wonderful reporters of truth and integrity

Leave a comment:

• MasterBait
    replied

Every accusation Meghan and Harry have made has been successfully countered with documentary proof.
    Oh yeah? Where?

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied

Hey if you use the colour of someone's skin to decide if they are telling the truth what should I call you?
    Interesting ...... can you quote where I have used someone's skin colour to decide if they are telling the truth?

I'm not aware that I have ever done that, either on a forum or real life, but I should most definitely be called up on it if I have.

Oh, and if you're going to suggest I'm racist against you then I'm afraid that can't be the case as you can't be racist against your own skin/race. In that case, you can refer to me as a t0sser, winker or other such term, but not racist
    Last edited by Whorty; 15 March 2021, 08:35.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    To be fair I never visited Cape town, I am glad to hear that is more enlightened the people need to live together now.

As mentioned I did see evidence of the native workers being developed, the site manager was a fairly enlightened white woman I think she was English SA but I never asked her accent was a lot softer than the technical bloke. All of the staff were really nice regardless of colour. My black driver was a great laugh and very attentive.

As I say the thing that got me was the way people behaved as if they were in 1950's America and that the deference was normal.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    I'm a remainer. According to Vetran I'm a racist (although I'm not sure under what terms, but that's his view). So, to Vetran I'm a racist remainer
    Hey if you use the colour of someone's skin to decide if they are telling the truth what should I call you?

Every accusation Meghan and Harry have made has been successfully countered with documentary proof. The only one that hasn't is that someone before / during (delete depending on whether it was Meghan or Harry's account) pregnancy a remark was made about how dark Archie would be once/many times (delete depending on whether it was Meghan or Harry's account). The Royal family have agreed to have this investigated.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    We did spend a week in Cape Town though and that was such a stark contrast, very European feel and much more mixed
    I was in Cape Town for a couple of days in the apartheid era, early 70s, and it seemed pretty unsegregated then. Cafes with all sorts in. Only saw one slegs blankes sign.

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Everyone who disagrees with Vetran about race matters and is a remainer is racist according to him....
    Damn, I thought it was just me, and I was special?

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Everyone who disagrees with Vetran about race matters and is a remainer is racist according to him....
    Are you suggesting that everywhere vetran goes has racists?

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X