• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone met a racist remainer?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

https://www.quora.com/Do-remainers-t...xit-are-racist

"And I've yet to meet a racist that doesnt support Brexit. Not all Brexiters are racist, but all racists are Brexiters."

It was the racists and xenophobes wot won it.
    Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

I never think to ask people if they're racist, but a huge number of people are. So probably.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

racism
      /ˈreɪsɪz(ə)m/
      Learn to pronounce
      noun
      1. prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism by an individual, community, or institution against a person or people on the basis of their membership of a particular racial or ethnic group, typically one that is a minority or marginalized.
      Well anyone calling someone a Gammon is in my opinion. Or Bounty or coconut.

Describing someone based on their appearance feels racist.

Of course if you misunderstand Xenophobia so you throw that out as well then hey that is another point.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/word...ism-difference
      Xenophobia is the fear and hatred of strangers or foreigners, whereas racism has a broader meaning set including "a belief that racial differences produce the inherent superiority of a particular race." Although they are similar, they are different enough that it is possible for one to be both xenophobic and racist.
      So xenophobia is a mental condition. Nice.

Add little Englander and its a hat trick!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_Englander

In its original meaning during the late 18th and 19th centuries, a "Little Englander" was a member of the Liberal Party who was opposed to expansion of the British Empire, as well as certain traditionalist conservatives who wanted England to extend no farther than the borders of the United Kingdom.
      I suppose we should have just kept shooting anyone with a particularly sharp soft fruit?

Maybe you just don't understand racism?
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
        Maybe you just don't understand racism?
        Racists often don't see themselves as racist. They don't like it when other people call them out for being racist.

If someone ever says "I'm not racist but..." then they probably are.

https://www.urbandictionary.com/defi...but%20.%20.%20.
        Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post

Racists often don't see themselves as racist. They don't like it when other people call them out for being racist.

If someone ever says "I'm not racist but..." then they probably are.

https://www.urbandictionary.com/defi...but%20.%20.%20.
          Indeed so when are you going to stop being racist?

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
            No. But I've met a nice South African.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
              Every South African I have met and know whether black or white are some of the most kindest and polite people.
              "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post

Every South African I have met and know whether black or white are some of the most kindest and polite people.
                I have met a lot of South Africans I have liked however when I went there to work I was shocked at how 1950s America it was with a Black nanny, waiters etc. The power was still in white hands. That may be a misunderstanding because it was a short visit. Though being told we will allocate you a driver because you can't go out alone, the office was gated as was the Hotel did make you think.

That was ~23 years ago so it also may well have improved.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                  I haven't and there is a song about it.

Last edited by northernladuk; 13 March 2021, 03:14.
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                    I have met a lot of South Africans I have liked however when I went there to work I was shocked at how 1950s America it was with a Black nanny, waiters etc. The power was still in white hands. That may be a misunderstanding because it was a short visit. Though being told we will allocate you a driver because you can't go out alone, the office was gated as was the Hotel did make you think.
                    That was ~23 years ago so it also may well have improved.
                    Same when I was working out in Jo-berg 4 years ago. I had an armed driver to and from the office. Gangs stood at traffic lights waiting to car jack someone. Never bothered setting foot in the city after seeing that.
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X