• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Still worth getting an IR35 review done by QDOS?"

Collapse

• Dark Black
    replied
    I've just had a full IR35 + commercial terms review with The Law Place.

Quick turnaround and a comprehensive report. They can also redraft contracts (at additional cost), if required.

I would use them again.

To answer the OPs original question, I would always get a review done, especially if the contract has one of those tax liability clauses that pushes the liability back to the contractor (as per https://forums.contractoruk.com/business-contracts/134799-contract-indemnity-clauses-ir35.html ).

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    I used to use Bauer and Cottrell for IR35 reviews. Not sure if they do full contract reviews or what they're like now. They were good when I last used them.

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied
    Originally posted by PerfectStorm View Post

Thats just a in/out isn’t it without feedback?

I hope I’ve been paying for them all this time for a reason
    when I have had them done they've had some feedback. Not much. I'm not sure what a paid one would provide that's extra. I just used the free one for peace of mind. I have IPSE+ to cover my arse in the event of being investigated.

Leave a comment:

• PerfectStorm
    replied
    Originally posted by Lance View Post
    doesn't your PI insurer offer a free IR35 review? QDOS do.
    Thats just a in/out isn’t it without feedback?

I hope I’ve been paying for them all this time for a reason

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post

Bit Ironic that its the firm with Tax in their name that does the best review
    Bit like you need to avoid any company that has the word Quality, Premier or similar in their name. They never are. Premier Inn and Quality Hotels are perfect examples. If anyone has the misfortune of knowing the Quality Hotel in Coventry they really need taking to the Trade Descriptions people.

Leave a comment:

• PerfectStorm
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post

No irony here, outside of IR35 arrangements pay a lot of tax that has to be properly calculated...

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by malvolio View Post

Markel Tax is probably the best of the bunch for a proper review.

Leave a comment:

• malvolio
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    You could go for one of the ones that do a full contract terms check, not just IR35. That way you've got the contract properly checked and a tick in the IR35 box whatever the answer to do you need it or not is. I can't remember the sites that do the proper checks sorry.
    Markel Tax is probably the best of the bunch for a proper review.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    You could go for one of the ones that do a full contract terms check, not just IR35. That way you've got the contract properly checked and a tick in the IR35 box whatever the answer to do you need it or not is. I can't remember the sites that do the proper checks sorry.

Leave a comment:

• b0redom
    replied
    I don't currently have PI as I'm insider IR35. I'll get it as a requirement of the outside gig, but until then it's a bit of a circular thing.

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied
    doesn't your PI insurer offer a free IR35 review? QDOS do.

Leave a comment:

• b0redom
    replied
    Didn't see anything there, but I intend to go through it properly with a fine tooth comb. I always do that anyway, but usually do a belt and braces check with QDOS/B&C - seems like that might be a waste of money now though.

Leave a comment:

• Fred Bloggs
    replied
    Checked for one of these insidious clauses that attempts to place IR35 compliance liability back on the contractor?

Personally, I doubt one would ever hold up in court but better to not have that concern hanging over you.

Leave a comment:

• b0redom
    started a topic Still worth getting an IR35 review done by QDOS?

Still worth getting an IR35 review done by QDOS?

Hi Folks,
    After quite some time inside IR35, I've been offered a new contract which has been defined (by the agency) as outside IR35. I've read through the contract and it specifically mentions I can take on other clients, there's no implied or overt D&C and the client will not seek to change that, I am able to send in a sub, there is no MoO from either side, and it even specifies deliverables. I'm pretty sure it's good from a contractual perspective.

Before the whole IR35 mess I would get B&C or QDOS to review it. Is there any point in still doing this?

The chain goes:

My Ltd -> Agency -> Client -> Customer of client

Client is a consulting company with many staff. ie not a small company, so I believe liability rests with them and/or the agency if HMRC come knocking.

Cheers...

b0redom

Working...
X