• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why Didn't Anyone Tell Me?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why Didn't Anyone Tell Me?

..that it is Drive Like A MORON Day?

Seriously.

On a relatively short journey to Tesco at lunchtime, I was cut up twice, and had four people try to pull out on me.

The icing on the cake - NAY, the CHERRY ON THE ICING OF THE CAKE, was having a Ford Fiesta reverse into the back of me while I was stationary.

Sighing and getting out of my car, I was confronted by an old man tutting at me, and telling me I had reversed into him. I explained to him that his version of events was MAGICAL whereas mine was factual.

Unfortunately, a few bad days mushed up with some extreme tiredness meant I only just managed to stop short of ripping his head off and pooping down his neck.

Sorry if I sound like Wilmslow, need somewhere to rant.

Over and out.
    Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
    +5 Xeno Cool Points

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    Unfortunately, a few bad days mushed up with some extreme tiredness meant I only just managed to stop short of ripping his head off and pooping down his neck. ...
    If you were feeling tired, you really shouldn't have made the effort to restrain yourself ...
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
      If you were feeling tired, you really shouldn't have made the effort to restrain yourself ...
      I know! He should have appreciated that, not stood there with his gob flapping like a fish.

Also, I thought you were female. Are you?
      Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
      +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
        ...Also, I thought you were female. Are you?
        No. Where did this idea come from?
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Troll suggested that the new mods were all female (it was pointed out that RH isn't, but no-one commented on you one way or the other). Then you made a comment about "having hair like that" in tay's video of cojak and NAT thread.

HTH.
          If you have to add a , it isn't funny. HTH. LOL.

Comment

Possibly Here

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
            My mind keeps wandering back to NotAllThere and Cojak both inside the one uniform.

Most likely patent leather thigh-length stiletto jackboots, trim black basque, high peaked cap, riding crop.

Here

Originally posted by cojak View Post
            You Guys...

You're right about standing while in tight leather jeans though, you can't afford to stretch them by sitting down.

You'd end up looking like scooterscott.

(He's not around at the moment, is he?)
            Or here.

I can't possibly comment on my thoughts about that.
            "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Yes! All of that! And then people call you Nat!

I imagined you looked a bit like the actress who played Lisa in Eastenders a while back. Dunno why.
              +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

<snigger...>
                "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                  <snigger...>

I build up a picture of people. Now everything has gone wobbly.
                  +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Not sniggering at you Mary.

Just the thought of Nat being a girl.

<snigger>
                    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Working...
                    X