• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
    Are you really downloading 51 things at once?

I don't know whether to be amazed at your confidence or that 33 updates have downloaded without failure.
    That's what Windows Update wanted, so that's what I let it do

It was only a VM so it didn't matter if anything went wrong. However, to my surprise, it actually worked - well, it functioned as Microsoft had intended it to, which isn't quite the same thing

Comment

The processor fan has packed up on my server.
      My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

I see the mods have deleted the spam in General, along with Scourer's quote of it

It makes that part of the thread a little cryptic now

Comment

Comment

Have you tried switching if off and back on again?
            Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
              I love trifle. Make trifle, not war.
              I took my wife's "Make Tea, Not War" mug in to previous ClientCo expecting them to get arsey (war being their line of work).

They all had one at home.
              My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
                One for the geeks: just came across this link to some rare Star Wars photos. Well I thought it was interesting anyway.
                I was going to take the Mickey, so followed the link so I could do so in an informed way and...

Hey! Great piccies! Thanks for the link!

I like the Wookie family photo.

Comment

I was going to take the Mickey, so followed the link so I could do so in an informed way and...

Hey! Great piccies! Thanks for the link!

I like the Wookie family photo.
                  I find stuff like that, and the insight it offers into the iconic imagery we know so well, fascinating.

I know, I should get out more
                  Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

I wish there were a way of moving house without powering off the kit.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      I see the mods have deleted the spam in General, along with Scourer's quote of it
                      Is 'to delete' the correct verb to use for spam?

Might 'to batter' be better? Or 'to fritter'?

Suggestions should be collected on a postcard by somebody.

Comment

Working...
                      X