• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    I think an interesting way to do it would be to have one of my other machines act as a proxy...
    Or just have this one act as a proxy to itself

It's been a while since I had a play with some serious HTTP proxy chaining... it's fun, like putting together a little Internet all your own...

Comment

Although I have an HTTP debugging proxy running all the time when I'm actually coding... so that's one layer to start with.

Comment

Where it gets to be fun is when you have both the client and the other proxy use the debugging proxy as their proxy

You can then see the request go to the proxy, see the request (possibly modified) go from the proxy to the server, see the response to the proxy, and finally see the proxie's response to the client (possibly modified also).

As you can imagine it starts to get rather complicated if you add another proxy, which the debugging proxy uses as a proxy... especially if you then leap over onto a proxy running on a virtual machine, preferably running a different operating system... say IIS and Classic ASP.... and then have that Windows machine also running a debugging proxy...

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
          I should update you all on my Wii-inflicted injuries.
          My biceps hurt.
          My triceps hurt.
          My elbow joints hurt.
          My fore-arms hurt.
          My wrists hurt.
          My shoulders hurt.
          But I can't stop playing. It's really quite addictive.
          As you haven't spoken for a while, I assume you have now completed the list of the problems you are facing, computer-game-related-injury-wise.

I shall now consider the symptoms and make an expert medical pronouncement.

For legal reasons, I should first point out that I have no medical training, unless A Level Biology and having once read a copy of The Lancet in the sitting-room of a hotel in Dorchester count.

Are you ready?

It is my considered opinion that you really should get out more.

Thank you.

Comment

I think an interesting way to do it would be to have one of my other machines act as a proxy by way of a servlet that takes the HTML in the response and runs it through the TagSoup parser, which generates a valid sequence of SAX events representing the structure the code would have if it was XHTML (and therefore XML), which can be fed to an XSLT processor which can transform the XHTML, combined with the document generated on the previous run, into the actual scoreboard page, such that the client never actually sees the posts, but just the running total of smilies.

You could use the query string to determine which results you got: for example, see all threads containing smiley x.
            Or just have this one act as a proxy to itself

It's been a while since I had a play with some serious HTTP proxy chaining... it's fun, like putting together a little Internet all your own...
            Although I have an HTTP debugging proxy running all the time when I'm actually coding... so that's one layer to start with.
            As you haven't spoken for a while, I assume you have now completed the list of the problems you are facing, computer-game-related-injury-wise.

I shall now consider the symptoms and make an expert medical pronouncement.

For legal reasons, I should first point out that I have no medical training, unless A Level Biology and having once read a copy of The Lancet in the sitting-room of a hotel in Dorchester count.

Are you ready?

It is my considered opinion that you really should get out more.

Thank you.
            I
            ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Anybody there?

Comment

:d
                ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Why isn't my smiley working?

Nick, what have you done?!?
                  ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

How weird.

On my post that says :d, I'm using a capital d, yet it keeps changing it to lower case when I save it.
                    ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

I

Comment

Working...
                      X