• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• xoggoth
    replied
    Going to a local cabaret tomorrow, says dressing up encouraged. One of the ladies at the old arty farty group yesterday brought me a bright red wig to wear. Can't make up me mind whether to wear it or not.

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Morning.

Wednesday.

Dry.

Sunny.

Blue sky.

Chilly in here at 11.7 deg, 10 deg in the kitchen, 7.5 deg in the leanto.

1016.5 mBar, 30.01 in Hg, 762.44 Torr, 14.743 psi, (up from 1015 last night), 75% RH (GDR hair), 64% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 4th of September 2019 there was a mother's meeting of s in Spoons in Swansea and I returned hence with another 8" of dvds, those far off days when I was still visiting charity shops and the like, NF had bully beef butties on brown bread for lunch, his ear was still problematic so he made an appointment to see the quack, also his flat was cooling down greatly, having reached the temperature of 21 deg C for the first time since May (I made that last bit up, the May bit, not the 21 bit).

Shopping trip to Morrisons done dusted washed dried sanitised & put away.

Defective machine in Barclays ate my card (the same machine that would not let me pay my CC on Monday) and a bald ugly mother****er told me to stop swearing.

Just assembling the necessary to open accounts somewhere else.

Lunch: scrambled egg etc.

Entertainment: <click>

NZ customs thing: Eastern Eurpoean coke smugglers: Large bricks of Coke marked "BMW": gaol sentences from 14 to 26 years, the Crown asked for Life. Other than that the usual meth, ephedrine, etc.

Canadian customs thing Repeat, thusly: Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the warm sunshine. Phew wot a scorcher.

Oz customs thing: herbs: confiscated, they must have been feeling benign since there was no fine. LOL with over $10k stuffed down her knickers. Oh dear(tm). $16k as it happens, now a bit less due to the fine. MDMA in a chess set from Brazil. Chinese "food" update: chicken feet: confiscated along with a fine selection of other stuff.

Tea: soup etc.

UFO hunters: dog fighting UFOs: sounds like a very unwise idea to me.

The Mentalist S1 E8.

The Bad Skin Clinic. Lady with lipoma. Lady with acne. Lady with lympho something or other after varicose vein removal.

Dr Pimple Popper. Body builder with lipomas. Woman with ?keloids? on her face: turned out not to be keloids, granuloma something or other instead after a punch biopsy. Chap with a big feck off cyst on the back of his head.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 6 March 2024, 23:13.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Morning all
    A proper winter's morning - clear blue skies, sunshine, frost on the windscreens of the cars, crunchy grass. Beautiful walking weather (apart from the bit where we were walking back along our lane with the sun streaming into my eyes)

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Morning denizens

Grey start with a hint of fog slightly blurring the outlines of the more distant trees. Currently 3°C and once again aiming for 10° by mid-afternoon. The barometers are buoyant at 1008/1016mB

I awoke exactly two minutes before the first alarm was due to go off. It was still earlier than I would have liked, but I think it's better that way than being jarred awake in the middle of some dream state, which has happened the last couple of days and which always seems to leave one feeling groggy and stressed. We need an alarm clock that monitors your brainwaves and waits until you're in a suitable state before waking you up

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    This evening's viewing started with a new episode of Traffic Cops

And then part two of the Chinook thing, in which the coverup eventually unravelled, as they so often do

Somebody's scheduled a meeting for 9am tomorrow. I am not best pleased about this; I usually "start" around then, but it takes at least half an hour to get myself into a state where I'm ready to actually think about stuff

Goodnight all

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Tea has been Nando's leftovers

And the bed has been remade, for I have new pillows!

The previous ones are only a couple of years old, but seem to have lost much of their oomph, or whatever it is pillows should have. They say you should replace them every couple of years anyway, but this time I decided to splash out on some expensive Hungarian goose down ones. No idea what makes Hungarian geese so special, but apparently they are

And if the new ones also need replacing in a couple of years, I'll know that there's no point shelling out for the expensive ones

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Evening all

This morning started clear with fluff but was cloudy by the time I got to the office. When I left, it was clear with fluff again. Barometer this morning was steady at 1012 mBar and up to 1017 mBar when I got home.

The drive to/from the Heathrow HQ today was easy and uneventful. Only took 20 mins to get home.

Had an early dinner and am now doing general tidying around the house as HWMBO has invited guests for dinner on Friday.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    I see facebook has gone down
    its wiv the angles now

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    I see facebook has gone down

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    Part II deals with the coverup. It's the ep I watched on BBC2 NI some weeks ago.
    Yes, I'm looking forward to that part. Private Eye has had a fair bit to say about it over the years

Lunch has been a couple of leftover southern not-fried drumsticks with a bag of chicken crisps

Leave a comment:

Working...
X