• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Afternoon denizens

Grey day out but mild with it at 11°C. The barometers are very slightly up at 1023/1032mB

Comment

The barometer hasn't moved and is still on 1035 mBar. It's been a dull and overcast day.

My car has new shoes (on the rear). The garage also gave it a wash, which was much needed.

About an hour after I got home Next sent me a text to say my order was available for collection from their shop in Westfield. It's only a quick hop on the Central Line to White City which is why I opted for collection at at time suitable to me rather than risk non-delivery from Evri. The location of Next is handy for a quick in/out with minimal interaction with the great unwashed.

Back home and after a coffee, I sprayed weedkiller on selected offending items in my front garden, trying my best to avoid plants that look like real plants.

Then I watched the second episode of the RI Christmas Lectures. Followed by the first of season 5 of Surgeons on iPlayer.

Comment

I've decided not to go for a takeaway, Chinese or otherwise, tonight

Apart from anything else, I could do with using up some of the stuff in the freezer because use-by dates dictate that I'll have more stuff to put in there before very long

Comment

Tea, then, has been lamb scouse, accompanied by a couple of thick chunks of both well-fired loaf and seedy bloomer

Comment

And then a nice, relaxing post-prandial Radox bath

Comment

Further entertainment was provide by The Repair Shop.

Feeling a bit pooped so an early night beckons.

Comment

Evening.

Watching a Burt Bacharach tribute.

Realised that we use to be made to sing some of his songs at primary school and so I know some of the lyrics for that reason.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Apart from some old Police Interceptors whilst dining, I didn't bother with the telly tonight.

Instead, as a change from the book about The Waste Land, I started re-reading Jane Shaw's Octavia, Daughter of God about the Panacea Society, a millenarian sect of respectable middle class Edwardian ladies who lived on Albany Road in Bedford, which they believed to be the location of the Garden of Eden. I used to pass by there regularly as a teenager, as it's between my old school and the river, and I always thought their large back garden was beautifully kept. But I had no idea that the people there (the acolytes ended up buying most of the houses on the road, and the last died less than twenty years ago) sincerely believed that Christ would return to Earth there. They kept a bedroom set aside for Him in number 18 by the corner with Castle Road, changing the sheets on His bed weekly so it was always ready, for no man knoweth the hour of His coming

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey but mild again today: currently 7°C on its way to 9°, and the barometers are up a little more at 101025/1034mB

Comment

Working...
                      X