• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tried phoning the Chinese, only to get the "We're busy, try again later" message

I waited about a minute then gave them another try, figuring otherwise I'd go to the chip shop - and got through! Finally!

So my order will be ready for collection in about thirty minutes

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Tried phoning the Chinese, only to get the "We're busy, try again later" message

I waited about a minute then gave them another try, figuring otherwise I'd go to the chip shop - and got through! Finally!

So my order will be ready for collection in about thirty minutes
      And very nice too

Comment

As chance of a good night’s sleep tends to zero, TFBSZ
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Tonight's major motion picture premiere was For a Few Dollars More (1965) though I'm not sure how I've managed to never see it before over all these years. Anyway, it's a good spaghetti western

Ad then a rewatch of Elysium (2013) for some cracking psychopathic Afrikaner action

Goodnight all

Comment

Goodnight all
            Night Nick!

Comment

Morning all
              Blue skies and sunshine out there.

Comment

Tonight's major motion picture premiere was For a Few Dollars More (1965) though I'm not sure how I've managed to never see it before over all these years. Anyway, it's a good spaghetti western
                My favourite of the three: it was the first one I saw in the cinema in those long ago days.

Morning.

Sunday.

Sunny.

Blue sky.

Dry.

Colder in here at 11.7 deg, 11.5 deg in the kitchen, 8 deg in the leanto.

Windows covered in condensation upstairs. The leanto roof is dripping.

1044 mBar 30.829 in Hg 783.06 Torr 15.1419 psi (up from 1038 last night ), 69% RH (GDR hair), 67% (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 23rd of April 2019 Countdown was Counting Down apparently.

Walk (abbreviated due to the ongoingly ongoing works and mud) walked in the bright sunshine.

Had to take my scarf off to avoid overheating.

Lunch: baked potato with cheese and baked beans, a yog (non corner), bramble jelly and marmalade on slices of toast, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: TWTW. Redwood, aka The Man From Mars who mimed the Welsh National Anthem badly, was on spouting praise for Truss. WTF? I'll have some of what he's taking please nursie.

Shopping trip to Morrisons done dusted washed dried sanitised & put away. A nice afternoon for it.

Entertainment: Mega Disasters on Blaze: Alien Infections: (from comets and Mars as it transpires). Plainly preplague by the sounds of it. . Oh yes: 2007. .

Breaking Mysterious: The Watchers, with Jimmy Church. More Blaze paranoia. The CIA/NSA are listening. They're even reading this as I type. Who's that knocking on the door?

Aliens: area 51 area 52 and all that bollox: watched it before.

Tea: some soup or other with rice, red corner yog (there being no other variety than other red corner yogs), some peach slices, 0.91*1.57 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Lost: not the island moving about but the lost boxcar of gold in Lake Michigan, the lost nuke in Savannah, and something else I wasn't innerested enough to bother with, watched it before.

Leg Ends: big foot, the Chicago based Plan A for the Kennedy assassination.

Vera S12 E2 "for the grace of God".

The Repaire Shoppe: Guitar (bought to punish his ma), regulator clock from Zanzibar,
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 5 February 2023, 22:12.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Bright and sunny, barely a wisp in the sky. Currently 6 degrees ('feels like' 4) with a high of 8 forecast. Barometer is up to 1042 mBar.

Kurios at the Royal Albert Hall yesterday was very entertaining. I never know what's going on in a typical Cirque du Soliel performance but they are genuine "switch off and enjoy the spectacle" events.

Comment

The gas engineers over the road started up around 7am this morning, mainly sounded like getting equipment in place. Then went off for a couple of hours' tea break, came back and did a bit for an hour and are now getting started again.

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Bright sunny day out with just some very high wispy layers of cloud here and there. Not as warm at 6°C, and tonight it's expected to dip below freezing for the first time in a while. The barometers are ever higher though, at 1034/1042mB

Comment

Working...
                      X