• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all

Sleep eluded me last night, it’s a pleasant morning and we may go for a walk shortly.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning denizens

Not sure why but I ended up sleeping late today, which at least helped to make up for the somewhat imperfect sleeping of the last couple of nights

This means I missed the sunny-with-fluffy-bits part of the day and have arisen to greet the rather cloudier bit instead, though there's still some blue sky hither and yon. It's still quite breezy too, with a bit of a shimmy on the conifers. Currently 8°C with 9° possible but a "feels like" of only 3°, there's a 50% chance of rain at lunchtime, and the barometers are steady at 1010/1018mB

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
        Meanwhile on the 21st of April 2019 I was watching, wait for it, wait for it, "The Battle of the River Plate (1956)" and found it quite affecting, poor bloody sailormen & all that…
        Cool coincidence!

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
          Loony lady 1 on Sunday, loony lady 3 yesterday, loony lady 2 today. I am loony ladied out. Think I'll give up on 3, yak, yak, yak. Like having a cockerel stuck in yer ear.
          Xog, you're doing it wrong again, put your cockerel in the right place and no more yak yak yak!
          But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Today's harvest from the old flat was a bagful of crap to go straight in the black bin, whence it was duly deposited; a medium-sized box filled with VHS tapes, because you never know; and a large box with the remaining kitchen items (I think) - largely pans that I haven't used in a long time, sealable plastic boxes (not actually Tupperware™ so I'd best not use that term), and so on. Those pans that would fit are now in the dishwasher so, if they come out OK, I can resume using them rather than having to retrieve dirty ones from there and clean them outside the normal cycle because I only have one pan of the correct type for whatever I might be doing

And one thing I've missed: the roll of greaseproof paper, which I've forgotten time and time again

I was going to do more but my right knee has started complaining fairly vigorously today, and I don't want to push it like I did when the massive book move was underway, as it took it a while to recover from that

My back isn't in too good a mood either. I don't know if I slept at a slightly unsuitable angle or something, but it's probably worth resting that a bit too

Anyway, now the greaseproof paper is here, I've been able to put it to good use: baking a Greggs steak bake for lunch

Comment

The remaining two-thirds of the once-mighty chest of drawers have finally been assembled into what is still, TBH, a pretty large chest of drawers

A couple of the slightly flimsy plastic bits that lock the drawers to the runners don't seem to have survived the move, or possibly my hurried and careless disassembly, but not to worry; Ikea are pretty good about sending out small spare parts like that for free

Comment

Tea: Sainsbury's TTD breaded chunky cod loin with chips and beans

Not sure cod have loins as such, but I assume it's just a marketing term

Comment

TFBSZ.

Let’s hope that tonight includes some sleep.

Comment

The car was a VW Golf special edition cabriolet that, rather oddly, doesn't show on DVLA for either current status or MOT history. No idea what's going on there; maybe they just made it all up?

And the gold diggers just had the usual woes

Later viewing: the rest of S2 and a fair chunk of the early episodes of S3 of The Handmaid's Tale. They should have made it a bit worse so one didn't have to keep watching until far too late; Line of Duty has the same problem

It did occur to me, though, that the scenes of a supermarket with shelves barely half-filled probably made a real impact when this was first shown in 2019, but now just reminds one of going shopping in 2020

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all

Comment

Working...
                      X