• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning.

Friday.

Wet. Drizzlingly wet wet wet wet wet.

Grey.

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Chilly in here at 12.2 deg, 12 deg in the kitchen, 11 deg in the leanto.

985 mBar 29.087 in Hg, 738.81 Torr, 14.286 psi, (down from 999 last night), 72% RH (GDR hair), 72% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 3rd of April 2019 I was awaiting the arrival of the plumber, whereas NF had discovered the cause of Roger's demise, and snow was forecast for the Heads of the Valleys.

Shopping trip to Tesco done dusted washed dried sanitised & put away. By some miracle it was dry all the way there & most of the way back, the drizzle returning 200 yds from home.

Lunch: poached tomato and scrambled egg on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toasted crust, red corner yog, bramble jelly and marmalade on slices of toast, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: some archive of the year on R4. TWAO.

Shopping trip to Morrisons to buy some spuds & tomatoes done dusted washed dried & put away.

Freecell score: 91%, running average 85% (85.0something).

Tea: battered haddock, the last of the pear halves, a yog, 0.91*1.61 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: various bits of NCIS and the Repair Shoppe before settling on "Broadsword calling Danny Boy, Broadsword calling Danny Boy, come in Danny Boy". .

NCIS S18 E14 "Unseen improvements": the kid is back.

NCIS S18 E15 "Blown Away" React team gets blown away.

Dr Pimplepopper S3 E9 chap with what looks like a testicle hanging from his left earlobe. . Lady with a big lump like a 3rd breast on her back. Chap with cysts on his neck and a weird one on his little finger.

NCIS S18 E16 "Rule 91". NSA leaky leak. Guess we'll never know what happened to Gibbs Gibbs Gibbs. .

Dr Pimplepopper S3 E10 chap with rhinophyma. Lady with a lipoma on her butt crack. Chap with a cyst on his shoulder: spoon used to remove contents. He had a cigarette break halfway through the procedure. .

The last 10 minutes of "Dirty Harry (1971)" followed by perusing the locations sites. The quarry is gone. The pond is gone. The trestle bridge is removed and a footbridge replaces it.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 30 December 2022, 23:36.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Wet. Drizzlingly wet wet wet wet wet.

Grey.

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.
      Crapoidal ici aussi.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Morning all

Dull, wet, raining. Currently 7 degrees ('feels like' 4) and it might squeak up to 8. Rain expected all day.

Not a vast amount of work being done.

HWMBO has a new oven arriving today and later we're out for dinner.

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey day again here. There's been a shower in the last few hours but no more expected until the early hours of tomorrow morning, but it's reported to be quite breezy. Currently 9°C with 12° due later, and the barometers have dropped a chunk more to 974/982mB

I think I'll pop round to the local butcher in a bit. I noticed when I was in there last week that he had a variety of sausages on offer, and I think they're probably worth investigating in more depth

Might pop to the not-quite-as-big Big Sainsbury's too. It's more convenient than the Big one, but I don't like it as much for some reason. But I suppose I should start getting used to it because it's half the travel time to get to - more like a quarter at busy times on the roads

Comment

Little loony lady 2 party a bit later. Fortunately ll1, who lives just over the road, is volunteering today so won't see me going in. Boring morning doing more DIY. Wish I has a butler like some of you lot.
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

I ventured to the butcher's. He seems to fancy himself as a bit of a comedian, for when I asked what sausages he had, he replied "Cumberland, Cumberland, and Cumberland. I like to keep things simple." Turns out what I'd thought was a variety was just lots of them. But I quite fancied Cumberland anyway, so that's OK

And I got what looks like a good ribeye steak, and some smoked back bacon - nice and thickly cut, the way I prefer

Then it was off to the not-so-big Sainsbury's. It'll do, and I got everything I wanted (mainly bread and household stuff). I don't like the drive there as much though

Still, with a good butcher round the corner, maybe I won't go there so often anyway

Back home, and Amazon had been with some books to remind me I ought to be sorting the bookcases out. And the dishwasher had done its thing, so I emptied that. Now, I'm relaxing with some orange and mango juice, a bag of cheese and onion crisps, and a couple of the books that just arrived

Comment

Mundane laundry now on

I'm trying out the "60' Wash & Dry" cycle this time

Comment

My Mum has had a stent plumbed in and is due to be discharged later!

But now they've told her a woman on the same ward has tested positive for Covid

Comment

Quick zoom to the old place and back for some bits: small bedside cabinet and lamp (both dirt cheap from Homebase years ago, and about due to be replaced but it'll be handy to have them for now), uplighter with reading lamp (because I like having a reading lamp behind my seat with the rest of the room a bit darker and the bulbs in here don't cooperate well with the dimmer switches), and - most importantly - the cast iron griddle pan for cooking my steak

And a few other bits and bobs, but I'd forgotten to take any bags or boxes with me so I had to rely on the ones still lying around over there

Comment

Tea, then, has been ribeye steak from the local butcher with chips, fried onions and beans. Very nice steak

Meanwhile, my mother is home

And my older brother has tested positive for Covid, so I'd better get a test done in case it's from Christmas

Comment

Working...
                      X