• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tea: rack of ribs and chips

Accompanied by the rest of the Trucking Hell episode I started watching last week, including Rory's transformation into a woodsman

The car earlier was a Porsche 996, and the gold diggers were the same as always

Comment

The DogTW is not well

TFBSZ. I may be sleeping with her tonight.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        The DogTW is not well
        <- for Millie

Tonight's major motion picture night was Morgan Freeman Night, opening with Kiss the Girls (1997) which is a very good thriller

Next up was Lucy (2014) which I continue to insist is scientifically ridiculous. But, as I often mutter at the usual suspects in the IMDb goofs sections, it's a movie, not a documentary

And finally, Going in Style (2017). Also a movie not a documentary, and great fun

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all I’ve been instructed to either juice or throw out the remaining apples.
          Now looking at stills for making calvados.

The DogTW had half a paracetamol before going to bed last night, and that seems to have made her feel a bit better.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

for the dog.

Morning.

Damp. No current precipitation.

Grey.

Sunless.

Chilly in here at 13.8 deg, 12.5 deg in the kitchen, 12 deg in the leanto.

1017 mBar, 30.03 in Hg, 762.81 Torr, 14.75 psi, (down from 1019 last night), 77% RH.

Saturday.

One sees that there's a couple of previously unwatched Edd China Wheeler Dealers on offer this morning. Which is good.

Meanwhile on the 7th of March 2019 NF had an appointment with the doctor at 09:20 the next morning but managed to fit in the last couple or 3 eps of TWW.

Wheeler Dealers S9 E9 1960 Jaguar Mk2 3.8. MOT expired 2018. Bought £6k8. It smokes a lot. Total: £7k8, Sold: £9k. Cleaned the crankcase ventilation system & replaced a pipe to stop the smoking, changed the clutch master & slave cylinders, changed the seats and some of the treewood. Looked much better than the mk2 my dad had half a century or more ago.

Walk (abbreviated) walked. It rained.

Lunch: baked potato with cheese & baked beans, a red corner yog, bramble jelly & marmalade on slices of toast, 0.91*1.65 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Wheeler Dealers S7E8: 1989 Landrover 90 fitted with a replacement Rover V8 with the inevitable 390cfm Holley 4 barrel piece of tulipe. Changed the cam for a go faster one, repainted it, changed doors, changed seat squabs, fitted windows to the cabin, titivated various bits & pieces: bought £3k, Total: £5k677, Sold: £6k. Still taxed & tested though it's failed its MOT several times since 2010 & the tin worm is getting to work on the chassis.

Didn't bother with the Caterham 7 ep. since they don't do anything very inneresting to it unless you find fitting a new lower floor pan particularly gripping. .

Wheeler Dealers S?E?: Frogeye Sprite. Can't remember if I've seen this one before. Yup, watched it before. Bought £4k5. The MOT site denies any knowledge thereof. Drum to disc conversion on the front. New wheels. Paint. Total: £7k475, Sold: £8k6.

Freecell score: 60%. .

Tea: spag with moderately fiery bol, some peach slices, a yog, 0.91*1.82 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: nothing that I can find before Maigret at 20:00: S4 E8 "The log of the cap fagnet". Which was rather good.

Thing on 5Select about the 1952 London Smog: well wot a surprise the govermint concealed 8000 deaths caused by the smog.

The last half hour of "What we did on our holiday (2014)" which is very funny.
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 26 November 2022, 23:38.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Afternoon all

It's been a cloudy day but dry. 12 degrees and that's the high for the day. Barometer was up to 1023 mBar when I looked at 0830 this morning.

Currently in the first lounge at T5 having gotten up a few hours earlier than necessary to meet friends here before they went away for the weekend. HWMBO and I are off to Copenhagen where has official work and I'm working too.

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Gloomy grey day out, though that means it's comparatively mild at 12°C. The barometers are up somewhat at 1010/1018mB

Nice to hear lm is about to get embroiled in a real-life episode of Bron/Broen

And one doesn't hear the word "titivate" being used much any more

Comment

I made too many roast potatoes the other night, so late lunch has been the surplus spuds with some beef and gravy

Comment

The TV is on a channel I don't normally watch and that Judge Judy has come on. I've never watched it before. Everybody involved, including the judge, seems irredeemably stupid, and I very much doubt any of what's going on would be allowed in an actual courtroom, not even an American one

Comment

Now there's an inordinately long advertisement for a mattress topper, claiming it has remarkable properties. I'm not an expert in such matters, but I'm willing to give it the benefit of the doubt. Not going to buy one though.

Comment

Working...
                      X