• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tea was cooked chicken thighs from M&S Simply Food at St. Pancras, which I brought home and heated up with some chips

And that was accompanied by the latest episode of Ambulance on iPlayer

My Apple Watch has been bursting with excitement today. Apparently I've walked over ten miles, and used up a record daily amount (for me) of calories. We shall see if the bathroom scales are equally impressed

Anyway, all that exercise has left me absolutely knackered (possibly helped by a few pints at the Harp) so it's time for bed

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all

TFIF, etc
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey start out (notionally "foggy"), and a bit chilly at 7°C with 15° possible later. The barometers are back up a bit though, at 999/1007mB

I came in the back way last night (it's easier for cab drivers to set one down on the side road) and the foul stench from the general waste bins reminded me that we have a new landlord. The previous chap would deal with them, mainly by transferring the contents to the bins of the neighbours before Bin Day, but the new guy clearly feels such matters are beneath his dignity. I wasn't going to bother with them then because I was knackered after a long day, but I popped down first thing and trundled them forth to await the bin wagon. The recycling bin had barely anything in it though, so that stayed in situ

The other residents are going to have to start dealing with these matters themselves when I'm gone, which may come as a bit of a shock to them

Comment

Morning.

Currently dry.

Very very grey.

Gloomy.

Sunless

Chilly in here at 15.4 deg, 16.5 deg in the kitchen, 12 deg in the leanto.

1004 mBar, 29.648 in Hg, 753.06 Torr, 14.56 psi, (down from 1008 last night), 73% RH.

Friday apparently.

Meanwhile back in 10th January 2019 NF had baked a cake, whilst on the 11th Xogg remarked on the ancient films we watch.

More sorting of the crap from next door into burnables and non burnables and food waste.

Feck me. .

Just waiting for the wind to pick up a bit before lighting the bonfire to get rid of some of this stuff, very probably after lunch.

Nearly crapped myself due to putting off the visit to the bog whilst in the sorting frenzy.

Could have been embarrassing.

Meanwhile the temperature in here has reached the dizzying heights of 15.7 deg.

Lunch: poached tomato and scrambled egg on sunflower and pumpkin seed toast, bramble jelly and marmalade on slices of less toasty toast, red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Rain's started getting heavier & the wind's rising (not bean related).

Entertainment: whatever was on R4 instead of Y&Y. TWAO. The last ep of the rare earths thing.

Bonfire lit. Bonfire went out. Lighter won't light. Other lighter won't light. Third lighter won't work.

Bottle of meths employed, first lighter works, bonfire relit.

Much crap burned.

Soaked to the skin. Literally.

Clothes now in WM2. Twice.

Tea: Tesco battered haddock (or maybe cod but probly haddock), the last of the pear halves, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Wheeler Dealers S13 E4 Chevy LUV. 1.8 litre. Oddly not much sign of Edd, with MB wielding spanners & such like, with Edd returning to do the more mechanical & welding type stuff. I wonder if it was A Sign Of Things To Come at the end of S13.

It's stopped raining.

The washing is pegged out on the line and will remain there until it's dry, which may be next week.

Entertainment: Ghosts S3 E2. Witchy.

Spies of War: The Atom Spies: finally something on Blaze that doesn't invovle either the Oak Island nutjobs or the Ancient Alien Researching cretins.

I still can't get my head around how anyone could do the Venona decoding. It's a concept that addles what little remains of my brain.

Followed by "The real hunt for Red October": the hunt for K-129 using the USS Halibut. Two inneresting programmes on Blaze. Who'd have thunk?
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 30 September 2022, 22:16.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Misty out. I sniffed the air and it wasn't smoke. Currently 9 degrees with a high of 16 expected. Rain forecast for this afternoon onwards. Barometer up to 1007 mbar.

Yesterday I received a marketing email from Ocado, advertising their Smart Pass subscription with a two month free introductory offer. I have been a Smart Pass subscriber for many years so was somewhat annoyed to be receiving such advertising when any CRM system should contain a flag to stop customers being emailed about services they already pay for. So I complained. Today I received an email apologising and giving me a refund of my past two months' subscriptions. It pays to complain!

Comment

The general waste bins had been emptied, so the two of ours that I'd put out have been safely corralled in the back yard again

Still pretty smelly. They could do with being washed out, but I shall leave that task to somebody else

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                Yesterday I received a marketing email from Ocado, advertising their Smart Pass subscription with a two month free introductory offer. I have been a Smart Pass subscriber for many years so was somewhat annoyed to be receiving such advertising when any CRM system should contain a flag to stop customers being emailed about services they already pay for. So I complained. Today I received an email apologising and giving me a refund of my past two months' subscriptions. It pays to complain!

Comment

Morning.

It took ages to get light this morning because there was fog for the first time this autumn. Still grey out. High of 16 with intermittent rain.

Last Friday of month so did all invoicing etc

First meeting done. More to follow....
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                    Morning.

It took ages to get light this morning because there was fog for the first time this autumn. Still grey out. High of 16 with intermittent rain.

Last Friday of month so did all invoicing etc

First meeting done. More to follow....
                    I'm on weekly invoicing which is great for the quick payment but it's so tedious! Horrible manual word document time sheet that needs to be emailed for approval before being emailed onto the agency with the invoice.

It's really not hard to have a basic online system for time recording.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

I'm on weekly invoicing which is great for the quick payment but it's so tedious! Horrible manual word document time sheet that needs to be emailed for approval before being emailed onto the agency with the invoice.

It's really not hard to have a basic online system for time recording.
                      I'm weekly too - much better

The biggest pitfall for me is that the agency timesheet is in days, whereas the consultancy one is in hours. Once again I came within a whisper of submitting a timesheet showing one hour a day for the week, and when I do that I have to email somebody, then they have to get somebody else in another department to unlock it so I can fix it

Comment

Working...
                      X