• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turns out I was supposed to be in the office today, so off I go.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      oops
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

560SL apparently. That was a really neat way to change a timing chain. I was impressed. Also the testing of the injectors.
        Yes, I saw the timing chain bit - very clever

Comment

JIT attendance at the office

Comment

Arrived in the office only a few minutes later than expected after being sent on a rather peculiar route by CityMapper compared to Google maps. The former told me it was a 7 minute walk from St Paul's. The latter was 2 minutes around one corner.

The meeting was successful and now I'm stuck here for the rest of the day, until I will leave at 5 past manager o'clock.

Comment

Arrived in the office only a few minutes later than expected after being sent on a rather peculiar route by CityMapper compared to Google maps. The former told me it was a 7 minute walk from St Paul's. The latter was 2 minutes around one corner.

The meeting was successful and now I'm stuck here for the rest of the day, until I will leave at 5 past manager o'clock.
              I've got to go to the office tomorrow. I was worried they'd want me there in the morning, but managed to get them to let me off that. So I'll be heading down on the train that leaves two minutes after the cheapest tickets start and arriving in time for lunch

Comment

Speaking of lunch: Heinz tomato soup, with a couple of thick rounds of seedy bloomer toast

Comment

Lunch has been a Frenchified cheese and ham baguette from Paul at St Paul's (cos that entertained me).

Pub for the wake has been booked.

Comment

Tea: sausage and onion casserole with chips and peas. Very nice, made with rather peppery sausages so it had a bit of a kick

Comment

Tonight's car was a Volvo PV544. In the USA again, so no idea what's become of it since.

More opal hunters began their seasons, with some of them getting off to a good start again

And food was accompanied by the remainder of the new Police Interceptors I started the other night; while later viewing was another episode of the young local police show Fresh Cops on iPlayer

London tomorrow!

Goodnight all

Comment

Working...
                      X