• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tea has been a nice big bowl of scouse, made with the lamb from Sunday and also the remains from the freezer

And it was accompanied by a couple of thick ends of sesame bloomer, which have also been languishing in the freezer for a while because there was no scouse to go with them. In fact, there are several more left in there

I couldn't be bothered mucking around making Scotch broth as well. That will have to wait for the next shoulder I roast, but at least there's lots of scouse now

Comment

Watched episode 2 of Inside Man. Didn’t feel as guilty for laughing at it. Very dark humour.

Now TFBSZ
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

The car earlier was a Mercedes… something? Can't remember now because it was one of those with numbers and letters, which are much less memorable than actual names. Anyway, it was in the USA, so no idea what it's doing now. Also, I was going to the kitchen a lot to tend the scouse

Then the opal hunters started a new season, some of them getting off to an extremely good start, though no doubt they'll just spend it all on a digger that immediately breaks down hundreds of miles from the nearest source of spare parts

Whilst troughing and after, it was time for the Glasgow Central Station thing

And then a thing on iPlayer called Fresh Cops which follows some young officers from Leicestershire Constabulary, so provides occasional glimpses of places I recognise. From the fast-paced cutting and incidental music, I suspect this to be a BBC Three thing

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

More wispy than cloudy out there, so it's about to turn sunny as the orb ascends above the buildings opposite. Autumnal though: currently 7°C, climbing to 14° later. The barometers have lost yesterday's 1mB gain, being back to 992/1000mB

Comment

Morning all

Comment

Blue skies on the walk (but about 7oC), then a brief rain shower after we got back in. Now back to blue skies again.

The heating kicked on last night for the first time. Seems to be working OK, and at least one mouse appreciated staying in overnight. Maybe catch it later today.

Comment

^^^ Mod century ommm.

Comment

Morning all

Blue sky with wispy fluff and chemtrails. Currently 7 degrees with a high of 15 expected. Unlikely to rain. Barometer down to 999 mBar.

I'm not sure if I'm supposed to be in ClientCo's office today. I have a 90 minute meeting which would have been good as a F2F but was put in my diary as WebEx so I presumed that meant the person I'm meeting wasn't expecting to be in after all. Needless to say, I'm at home.

I have Inside Man lined up on iPlayer, looks good. Also need to watch the last season of Shetland at some point. There's also a Storyville programme, One Day in Ukraine, which has auto downloaded due to series link. The BBC still manages to drum up some decent programming but it's a poor shadow of its former self, sadly.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    The car earlier was a Mercedes… something?
                    560SL apparently. That was a really neat way to change a timing chain. I was impressed. Also the testing of the injectors.

Morning.

Wet.

Sunless.

Grey.

Chilly in here at 16.2 deg, 18 deg in the kitchen, 14 deg in the leanto.

999.5 mBar, 29.515 in Hg, 749.6867 Torr, 14.496 psi, (up from 999 last night), 73% RH.

Wednesday.

Fire alarm for some on 9th January 2019. <- Oh dear(tm). .

Following the unexpected brightness & blueness of the sky, the weekly trudge to Tesco took place and the provender was duly washed, dried, dusted, sanitised, & put away.

It did spot with rain a little on the way home, and the repaired "Bag for Life(tm)" didn't suffer a failure on the garden path this week.

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toasted crust, bramble jelly and marmalade on slices of toast, yellow corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

In other other news, the temperature has reached the dizzying heights of 16.9 deg in here.

I see Our Rog is now writing letters to the murderer Putin.

I'd be reluctant to drink much tea from now own.

Entertainment: Y&Y, TWAO, The thing about rare earths at 13:45.

Walk (abbreviated due to hedge cutting tractor) walked in the intermittent sunshine and associated spots of rain.

More semiconductors added to Ze List.

Tea: chicken in white sauce with rice n peas, some pear halves, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Also an almost ripe pear off the tree, and a not so ripe pear off the tree. V. difficult to tell the state of pears, 1 day past delicious & they're rotten.

Took the detritus from the weekend's efforts out onto the pavement in the hope that the recycling engineers with take it all away tomorrow morning..

Entertainment: Wheeler Dealers S13 E2 Volvo PV544. Twin SU carbs. Why didn't Edd use the lift pin? It's put there to do what he was doing with his thumb. I can see why very few mechanics know how to deal with dual SUs any more. .

The Repair Shoppe.

The Sweeney S4 E10 "One of our own". George goes undercover in clink to try & extract info from a blagger. Stone me, with those glasses on he's the spitting image of me back then.

Dr Pimple Popper.

National Park Mysteries:

National Park Mysteries.
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 29 September 2022, 07:59.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Well I'm looking forward to watching this tomorrow:

https://metro.co.uk/2022/09/28/the-l...rong-17461930/

Comment

Working...
                      X