• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The car earlier wasn't, as it was a clip show

And then, in what was probably the end of whatever season it was, some of the opal hunters finally got a big payout: $1.2 million (Australian), though the ones featuring in the programme "only" got 30%, the rest going to the guy who'd let them come and help out on his patch

A new Police Interceptors livened up the dining experience

And finally, none of the gold diggers came anywhere near replicating the success of the opal people

I'm hoping I get a better night's sleep tonight than I managed last night. I'm tired enough, but that's what I thought then too

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey start out with showers that are likely to continue through the day. Colder now too, at 8°C with no higher than 11° expected; and the barometers are up by an irrelevant fluctuation at 993/1001mB

Sleep wasn't too bad, though I had a succession of very vivid dreams set in Brooklyn, a place I have neither visited nor ever had any desire to go to. Haven't got a clue what all that was about

Comment

Morning.

Slept rather better, woke at 06:25 but returned to the land of nod until about 07:40, for which relief much thanks.

Damp.

Grey one side, blue sky in parts the other.

Sunless.

Cooler in here at 16.7 deg, 17.5 deg in the kitchen, 14 deg.

1002 mBar, 29.589 in Hg, 751.56 Torr, 14.532 psi, (untapped & unset last night but looks essentially unchanged), 72% RH.

Tuesday.

Meanwhile in 7th January 2019 NF Snr had his operation, NF had consumed 6 of the remaining 12 Quality Street, I was bored tulipless in Ye Newe Sloughe of Desponde down in Ye Drizzly Docks, followed by a trip home on a rattly X5 bus.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the grey gloom, with some drizzle in evidence towards the end thereof.

TV Time purchased. Dunno why since I rarely read any articles. But it's much cheaper than the Radio Times which is now so overblown as to be a danger if you drop it on your foot.

Lunch: baked potato with cheese and baked beans, red corner yog, bramble jelly and marmalade on slices of toast, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Y&Y phonein until it went <click> due to tedium.

More counting of components undertaken.

Freecell score: 88%, running average 85% (84.92%).

Freshly counted components added to Ze List.

I'm using edit in a command box for that definitive dos feel.

Haven't used that for years.

Strangelove Sis popped in to collect some crap from next door to recycle in Frome where she lives. Apparently the next visit will involve yet more recycling to make its way to frome. I don't understand this but there you go.

Tea: battered haddock (which I bought by mistake having forgotten that I'd already bought some battered cod), some pear halves, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Wheeler Dealers S13 E1: they're in California: Mercedes 560SL. Bought for $6k, spent $7k doing it up, sold for $21k IIRC.

"Ten Wanted Men (1955)" with that Randolph Scott: since the demise of the little eeeeeeee box, I can't tell if I've watched stuff or not, so it turned out that I have watched that before. Nice colour.

The Sweeney S4 E8 "The Bigger they are": the one with Richard Wilson as Regan's boss.

The Rookie S2 E10 "The Darkside". Well that was nasty. And the ending was predictable.

The Sweeney S4 E9 "Feet of Clay": The one with Joss Ackland, Geoffrey Palmer, Cheryl Campbell, John Junkin & Carol Drinkwater. They seem to have forgotten Uncle Tom Cobley but there you go. .

The Bad Skin Clinic S3 E6. It's a repeat so maybe it'll be the Repair Shoppe instead. Which is also a repeat that I've seen before.
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 27 September 2022, 22:17.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all
          A mix of cloud and sunshine here.
          Yesterday was the 10th anniversary of my mum's death. My dad was annoyed the day before when I mentioned it, as he had forgotten. When I spoke to him yesterday he made sure to tell me that he had gone to visit her grave.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning all

Cloudy with flecks of grey interspersed with bits of blue sky. Currently 10 degrees with a high of 14 expected. A shower is forecast for lunchtime. Barometer up a squeak to 1001 mBar.

Went to bed later than usual after bin trundling (general waste and food waste that wasn't collected last week) and watching tat on TV. Then discovered the batteries in my Tado radiator thermostat had died and I needed to find replacements or my bedroom would have been very cold this morning. Took a while to get to sleep, tired this morning.

Comment

Morning in a meeting after a previous meeting and have more meetings later.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Mortgage has been approved!

It seems I'll be buying a flat

Looking at the monthly repayments made me wince. But not as much, I think, as I would have done if the application had been made next week rather than last

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  Mortgage has been approved!

It seems I'll be buying a flat

Looking at the monthly repayments made me wince. But not as much, I think, as I would have done if the application had been made next week rather than last

you got in just in time!

Comment

It's raining. An hour earlier than forecast but I'll allow it.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

you got in just in time!
                      I know! Hurrah for Freelancer Financials! (or Contractor Mortgages, they're the same people)

The thing that amazes me is that they approved it in full knowledge that my current contract only has a couple of weeks left to run and I don't have anything else lined up yet

The adviser said it was best to just get the application in straight away as that would secure the rate for a month, then if they came back demanding more certainty about the future I'd at least be safe from rate rises, but he thought it would be OK anyway. And so it proved!

Comment

Working...
                      X