• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apparently the thunderstorm that woke me up the other night was at around 2:30am. I found this out because somebody who lives about a mile away has been on NextDoor asking "Did anyone else hear a loud bang at 2:30 in the morning?"

Anyway, a reasonably successful day, with everything from the last sprint wrapped up and released by 17:40, leaving me to close the sprint

Things were held up by a test that started failing randomly. To add to the fun, it was wholly unrelated to anything we've worked on in the past month (two sprints). I spent a while tracking it down (it only failed about one in twenty times at a guess), but in the end it turned out to be due to mistakes in both the test and the code it was testing. So that's a minor bug fix thrown in for free

Comment

Sainsburies were selling Chrismas Puddings today. Gets earlier every year.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Wonder if the department will have a new minister tomorrow?

Comment

Tea: a very tasty chicken casserole with chips and peas

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Wonder if the department will have a new minister tomorrow?
            It will! A former software engineer, apparently. Heaven help us all

Comment

^^^ Doomed etc.

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
              The WifeTM walked in to my office a few minutes ago with a cup of tea, then asked if I had been drinking before spotting the demijohns bubbling away.
              Om.

Back in 19th December 2018 NF was spreading whatever he was suffering from around the LRI in a fit of Xmas Generosity.
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 6 September 2022, 21:40.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

TFBSZ
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

The car earlier was a Datsun 240Z, and at least this time they had the good stuff about taking the engine and such to bits rather than wasting time and money putting plastic stickers all over it

And later, the latest episode of Ambulance. Not exactly a barrel of laughs, this one

Early night now I reckon, so I'm all ready to tackle having absolutely no interaction with a new minister in the morning

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

It's supposed to be cloudy out, but there are plenty of gaps letting the sun through on a frequent basis. It seems to have rained a bit overnight though. Currently 16°C with 21° expected to accompany more rain later, and the barometers are distinctly down again at 1000/1007mB

Comment

Morning all
                      Looks like we had some overnight rain. Currently dry and cloudy with hints of blue sky. Might cut the grass later.
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X