• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all
    Electricity went off yesterday afternoon and only came back on at midnight. Spent most of the evening lying on a swing bed in the garden watching the Perseids and took a few photos of the supermoon (shared on other social channels)

CBS, etc, another hot one today.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Today's annoyance a Ubuntu box that has lost the link to the .net library that both exists on it and was working yesterday...
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
        Om.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
          Today's annoyance a Ubuntu box that has lost the link to the .net library that both exists on it and was working yesterday...
          Turns out it's not me - it's a Microsoft screw up....

Link posted here so I can find it later (when it's fixable)..

.net - dotnet sdk is installed but not recognized - Linux Ubuntu/popOS 22.04 - Stack Overflow
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

This morning's washing was duly dried when I went to check on it so that's been brought in before the sun bleaches it.

Am now going to strip the bed and wash all that.

A ciabatta roll has been baked. Maybe I'll remember to put a filling in it and eat it before 4pm today

Comment

33oC outside

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                This morning's washing was duly dried when I went to check on it so that's been brought in before the sun bleaches it.

Am now going to strip the bed and wash all that.

A ciabatta roll has been baked. Maybe I'll remember to put a filling in it and eat it before 4pm today
                Bed stripped and load #1 is in the WM.

Lunch eaten - the roll was filled with brie and tomato.

Comment

NickFitz I might have one for your MLFTB - I don't have the answer, but I do have the question:
                  Where can I find out the age of my old electrical devices?

I was drilling a hole earlier (on mute during a Teams meeting) when I realised the box for my B&D KD462A needed taping up again. Which made me think... how old is my faithful electric drill?
                  I'm guessing it's late 1990s, but is there a website that will give you the date a product was launched?

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                    NickFitz I might have one for your MLFTB - I don't have the answer, but I do have the question:
                    Where can I find out the age of my old electrical devices?

I was drilling a hole earlier (on mute during a Teams meeting) when I realised the box for my B&D KD462A needed taping up again. Which made me think... how old is my faithful electric drill?
                    I'm guessing it's late 1990s, but is there a website that will give you the date a product was launched?
                    What you want is some site where you put in the serial number and it tells you when your exact model was built, and in which factory (if the manufacturer had multiple).

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

What you want is some site where you put in the serial number and it tells you when your exact model was built, and in which factory (if the manufacturer had multiple).
                      Exactly. Proper Track & Trace.

I have access to systems for pharma/med products that do it, but it was more for the things that you know you have had for a long time, but wonder how long.

Comment

Working...
                      X