• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

Wot? No XR2? .
    My apologies: for the record, the car last night was a Ford Fiesta XR2 Mk.I; currently SORN but has an MOT until next March

Comment

Lunch has been a couple of ham cobs with a bag of crisps, which is just the thing for this unpleasantly hot weather

Comment

Hot out.

HWMBO used up the last of the pizza dough in his quest for the perfect product on the BBQ. It's been hell having to try them. This evening he's doing rotisserie chicken. Currently the BBQ is being used to cook off veg as it cools down from the pizza making.

Comment

Something I took the other day in our garden - a female sparrowhawk with it's lunch, a goldfinch, that was still just about alive...
          Female Sparrowhawk with goldfinch
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Really nice tea: lamb shank in a red wine and redcurrant sauce, with chips and peas

It wasn't quite right yet, as I'm still experimenting. But I've been stocking up on redcurrants while they're in season, so there's plenty in the freezer for when I next have a go

Comment

TFBSZ

Comment

The car earlier was a Porsche 993, which is apparently a species of 911, as they kept using the numbers interchangeably. Currently SORN, last MOT expired early in 2021

Later, a bit of Police Interceptors from some years ago, which had by then moved to Lincolnshire

And then I eschewed further television in favour of reading a bit of The Aquariums of Pyongyang which is Kang Chol-Hwan's memoir of the ten years he spent in a North Korean concentration camp, having been consigned there with most of his family at the age of nine

Bit warm, innit?

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all

CBS, etc. Going to the beach for a swim.

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny start and it's up to 19°C out there so far, with 30° expected later. Barometers are trivially down at 1020/1028mB

Managed to keep it down to 25° in here overnight

Comment

That's better.

Comment

Working...
                      X