• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all

Very overcast out, and it almost feels like a sea mist. The ground is dry, there's nothing falling from the sky, but it just feels damp.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning.

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Dire.

Sunless.

Grey.

Drizzly.

Cool in here at 21.2 deg.

1010 mBar, 29.825 in Hg, 757.56 Torr, 14.6488 psi, (down from 1012 last night), 71% RH.

Tuesday apparently.

Duly precipitated back to 19th November 2018 wherein Churchy was Back in Bolton, whilst NF had ribs and chips for tea, whereas I watched "A Christmas Carol" with that Patton chap starring, and NF was watching S1E2 of Bab5.

NF may be innerested in https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m0019rj6

Or not as the case may be.

Freecell in the grey dark gloom of the morning: 100% (of 13), running average 85% (84.8something I can't remember).

Lunch: baked potato with cheese & baked beans, a yellow corner yog, bramble jelly & marmalade on respective slices of toasted Morrisons oat & barley bread, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: AD500 by Simon Young, this being preferable to Y&Y waffling on about that association football nonsense.

I may venture out shortly to purchase the TV Times.

In other news, the drizzle persists persistently..

Freecell score: 100% (of 13), running average 85% (84.84%).

Said drizzle paused sufficiently for the TV Times to be purchased and Walk (abbreviated) Walked to occur.

Entertainment: Ancient Aliens: the shift in the poles, long before they held up the telegraph wires. It went <click>.

Tea: battered cod, the last of the mango slices, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: PM.

Wheeler Dealers S10 E9 1964 Chevy Corvette Stingray in rally red. It's got drum brakes at the front. .

Car SOS: S4 E2: Datsun 240Z.

The Rookie S2 E2 "The night general".

Alias S3 E11 "Full disclosure": wherein we find out more or less WTF has been going on since S3 E1.

Alias S3 E12 "Crossings": off to NK we go. And come back. And stuff happens.

Alias S3 E9 "Conscious" commentary, proving that the actors have no fecking idea WTF is going on. . Much like the rest of us.
      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 2 August 2022, 23:11.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Cloudy start that seems to be dissipating. Stiff breeze. Currently 20 degrees with a high of of 27 expected. Barometer down to 1015 mBar.

Dinner last night was delivered by My Old China in Acton. Very nice it was too with plenty of leftovers for snacking.

Rubbish sleep, awake most of the night because (a) too hot and (b) coughing. Feeling rough this morning

Comment

Lunch has been Heinz tomato soup with bloomer toast, and very nice it was too

My temperature proved to be 37.5°C when I got around to measuring it, so not too bad. Still feel very under the weather though

Comment

Didn't feel like a very productive day today as I struggled to concentrate on things. But then right at the end, a bunch of small things came together and it turned out I'd achieved a large part of what I'd set out to achieve, and had also found a straightforward way of dealing with what threatened to be some corner cases. So I'm quite pleased with progress overall, even though it feels like I should have got it all done in the first hour rather than the last one

Still feeling very run down, though my temperature remains at 37.5°C so it doesn't seem to be getting any worse

Comment

Tea has been oniony chicken casserole, made in the Remoska. Really tasty

Comment

TFBSZ

Comment

The car earlier was a Chevrolet S2 Corvette Stingray. I think that was it, anyway; not sure why it has so many names, nor why they seemed to arrange them in a different order every time they mentioned more than one of them. They'd gone all the way to California to get this then brought it back here. Then, of course, a few years later they moved the show to California and had to go out and get another one and do it all over again. Anyway, this one's taxed until May 1 next year, so presumably still going strong

And then later some more of the motorway programme, because once I've watched it all I won't have to watch it any more

Getting an early night now as the lurgy is still doing me no good

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

High, thin cloud out, but it seems to have plenty of gaps so there are sunny spells. However, there also seems to have been a spot of rain not so long ago. It's already up to 19°C and possibly soaring to 27°, but there's also a 40% chance of showers this morning; the barometers are down a little more at 1003/1011mB

The lurgy is possibly not quite as bad today, but we shall see

Comment

Morning all
                      Misty again. No rain.

Comment

Working...
                      X