• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

If only!

Slow Travel Turtle has gone missing:

https://twitter.com/politic_animal/s...2Wa0IkQ4HTEmcg
    I know! It's all most upsetting. I wonder if he/she/it could have somehow ended up staying behind in the cheese shop where he grabbed lunch?

Comment

Feeling murkier as the day progresses. Not a happy bunny.

Friend of mine said they had similar symptoms and tested positive once they eased up, which is not encouraging. I will have to contact the covid study people and blag more tests.

Comment

Tea has been lamb chops with chips, peas, gravy and mint sauce. Very nice it was

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          Feeling murkier as the day progresses. Not a happy bunny.

Friend of mine said they had similar symptoms and tested positive once they eased up, which is not encouraging. I will have to contact the covid study people and blag more tests.
          It does sound as if it's progressing rather like mine did. Fingers crossed it's just the lurgy

Comment

One less garden building… the log store has now been demolished (although I might re-purpose the roof to give the ride-on mower a bit more protection in winter). 5 buildings left, 3 of which are on the demolition list (but not for a while)
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

TFBSZ

Comment

The car earlier was a Porsche Boxster S which they picked up for a mere £1000, and it turned out it mostly just needed the oil changing in the gear box and a bit of work on the brakes.

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

The pistonheads view of Wheeler Dealers is worth a look too, along with their view on Car SOS. .
                From a thread I found on there, it seems that said £1000 Porsche episode is quite a famous one. I followed the suggestion on there to look it up on the MOT checking service; its MOT runs until next May, suggesting it was done in May this year, but oddly enough its car tax was due in April but hasn't been paid

And later, a couple more of the motorway cops thing. They pad this out with footage of wholly unrelated stuff, so for example they'll be after a Transit van near Manchester and it'll cut to dashcam footage of an Astra losing control in Surrey several years earlier, supposedly as an illustration of the Bad Things that can happen in this kind of situation; but then it goes back to the Transit van pursuit and none of the Bad Things happen, or not in any way even remotely similar to the clip they just inserted

Goodnight all

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  And later, a couple more of the motorway cops thing. They pad this out with footage of wholly unrelated stuff, so for example they'll be after a Transit van near Manchester and it'll cut to dashcam footage of an Astra losing control in Surrey several years earlier, supposedly as an illustration of the Bad Things that can happen in this kind of situation; but then it goes back to the Transit van pursuit and none of the Bad Things happen, or not in any way even remotely similar to the clip they just inserted
                  Sounds like the Blind Frog Ranch lot are involved in the production company.

Remember: you heard it here first. .
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny start for a change, though it's supposed to cloud over later. Currently 14°C and possibly soaring to 22°, and the barometers are up a little more at 1013/1021mB

Comment

Morning all
                      Demolition expert has been instructed to tidy up the mess he made last night.

CBS, etc. No sign of the turtle.

Comment

Working...
                      X