• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pâté on toast for lunch

It's gone quite grey out now, and although I haven't witnessed any showers, they are apparently happening or due to happen.

Meanwhile, the alternate mattress topper is in the wash. Now my temperature is returning to normal levels, I'm looking forward to changing the bed as its been pretty heavily saturated by sweat for a few nights

In related news, I've lost about 6lbs in less than a week - and no unpleasant exercise required!

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
      Reminds me of the fun we used to have breaking the white bits off those heat spreader things in the chem lab in skool. .

Not to mention chasing blobs of mercury over the bench. .
      Om!

Comment

Still grey out and down to 20°C with occasional drizzle. And there's a light breeze coming through the window, all of which has brought the temperature in here down to 22°, so I think I'll shut the window now and keep it around that level

And I just noticed on the oximeter that my resting heart rate, which has been in the high seventies all week, is back to its normal low fifties

And the mattress topper has been draped upon the clothes horse

Comment

Tea: chicken madras with rice and naan. Tasty, but very filling

It's bin day tomorrow but I'm too knackered to be heading down and trundling. If I wake early enough tomorrow, I'll deal with it then; otherwise, I won't

Comment

The car earlier was one of those Mercedes things that you used to see around a lot some years ago. The opal hunters continued the business of risking life and limb for what turned out to be quite decent rewards for a few of them this time. And antiques bloke was mostly lost amidst the business of cooking dinner; during the eating of which there was yet more years-old Police Interceptors

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning.

Merry Midsummer's Day. .

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Damp.

Drizzly.

Grey.

Sunless.

Warmish at 21 deg in here.

999.5 mBar, 29.515 in Hg, 749.68 Torr, 14.496 psi, (down from 1002 last night), 72% RH.

Friday.

Today's dream involved some electronics junk shop somewhere or other. I didn't buy anything. Which was good.

Smalls in the WM.

Smalls out of the WM and into the TD.

Shirts in the WM.

Smalls out of the TD & airing upstairs.

Shirts out of the WM and into the TD.

Cottons in the WM.

'Tis all go this morning.

The misplaced guttering is pissing water down the side of the house.

Must see if I can extract the aforementioned ladders from the garage.

This will involve Moving Much Stuff. .

The remaining question being whether said ladders will come out through the garage doors since there's a Corolla parked rather too closely thereto which no longer runs.

Shirts out of the TD & roughly iRoned, now airing upstairs.

Cottons out of the WM & into the TD.

Half a ton of magazines* moved in the garage, ladder extracted, guttering "fixed", garage floor brushed cleanish, ladder returned to garage.

*Not mentioning the pile of ancient PCs, the black & white telly from 1969ish, the Brenell tape recorder, etc. etc. etc.

Knackered now.

And my back is tender which bodes well. .

The swans on the canal were taking their ease on the grass a bit further along the back lane.

I was too knackered to do a cygnet count, but the ones I could see looked pretty healthy. .

Cottons out of the TD & roughly iRoned where necessary.

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toast, bramble jelly & marmalade sandwiches on same, red unpippy corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Y&Y Some new prog, this one is having a mass debate about gender identity & all that sort of stuff. It rapidly went <click>.

I should start sorting out some of those magazines in the garage since most of them haven't been looked at since they were purchased.

I wonder if I dumped the "Program Now" and "Exe" mags which are highly unlikely ever to see the light of day again.

<hiatus>

No sign of Program Now or Exe, I think they've met the skip.

RadComs going back to the 60s from the looks of it along with Practical Wireless & Practical Electronics, not forgetting the 45 years of Wireless World.

Damn, those PC Utilities mags are heavy.

Freecell score: 79%, running average 85%. Not a good day.

Tea: battered cod, some stewed gooseberries and custard, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Discovering Cary Grant.

Farscape S3 E19 "I-Yench, You-Yench": the Scorpie in the restaurant burn down/robbery one.

Wheeler Dealers S15 E25 1985 Merkur XR4Ti. It's a Sierra XR4 without the V6.

War factories: The machine gun: dear old Hiram Maxim's little brainstorm.

First In: CIA vs Bin Laden on Quest. it went <click> after half an hour.

Freecell score: 89%, running average 85%.

Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 24 June 2022, 22:14.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

A bit overcast here, and some overnight rain may have helped the garden.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey start out, though still mild at 16°C; it may reach 22° later, but no sun is likely, it seems. Barometers are down a wedge at 996/1003mB

I was up early enough to take down the recycling and trundle forth the bin. Plenty of time, in fact, as they've only just been; so I've popped back out and trundled the bin back in again

Feeling still not right but not as bad. My oximeter shows 99% and a resting heart rate in the mid-50s, which is nice and normal. Temperature is 37.8° but I'm pretty sure it sometimes says that when I'm fine. But the deeply annoying thing is that I've just tested positive again!

No barely-visible lines either; the damn thing virtually glowed as red as May Day in Moscow the moment the sample crept up that far

I should have been liberated today, but now I have to continue isolating. It's all, frankly, very annoying; and I probably shouldn't have done the bins either, legally speaking, but there we go

Comment

Morning all

Blue sky this morning. Currently 18 degrees with a high of 23 forecast. No rain expected until later this evening and I think there might have been some in the wee hours this morning but the patio is looking dry now. Barometer continues downwards to 1007 mBar.

Tired this morning. Could have done with staying in bed but there's billing to do.

Comment

Currently watching a user research session with a blind user using a screen reader. Fascinating!

Comment

Working...
                      X