• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apparently Johnson sent an email to the entire Civil Service yesterday in which he trumpeted his desire to get rid of as many of them as possible as quickly as he can. I gather this was explicitly from him too, not "from the office of the PM" or anything like that.

General sentiment among the career civil servants seems to be that this was a particularly crass thing to do just before everybody starts a holiday during which they're supposed to be joyously celebrating their and his employer for now, HM Queen Elizabeth II

Comment

The car passed its MOT. I've done less than a 1000 miles since its last test. No wonder the battery keeps going flat! I must endeavour to drive more often.

Lovely sunny afternoon.

Checked the council's website for any refuse collection changes this weekend - Friday's will not be happening.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
        Just watched Mr Jones with James Norton who broke the Ukraine famine story in the 30s

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holodomor

Hadn't realised that his journalism was what inspired George Orwell to write animal farm.

well worth a watch.
        Cheers - added to the list

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          Today is the first anniversary of us getting the keys to our home.

Going out for dinner later to celebrate.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

WlmS

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Apparently Johnson sent an email to the entire Civil Service yesterday in which he trumpeted his desire to get rid of as many of them as possible as quickly as he can. I gather this was explicitly from him too, not "from the office of the PM" or anything like that.

General sentiment among the career civil servants seems to be that this was a particularly crass thing to do just before everybody starts a holiday during which they're supposed to be joyously celebrating their and his employer for now, HM Queen Elizabeth II
              One remembers with satisfaction the saying that all political careers end in failure.

May it come soon & end up with the corrupt lying **** in gaol making friends with Bubba.

On a more positive note, I'm sure there are many who are worshipping the ground that's coming to him.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Tea has been a BBQ rack of ribs with fries

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

Had a Muppet who did that, turned up and took over as service director who explained he had outsourced all of his engineers then realised he had no job left. Surprisingly this didn't go over well with his new service team, he took an industry leading team to an empty husk in two years.

Two years time we will make the French Civil service look good.
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Just looking out of the kitchen window, where the thinnest crescent of the New Moon is setting into the last of the daylight glimmering on the horizon - and just then a bat swooped up across it and back into the darkness of the silhouettes of the buildings! Lots of pagan symbolism out there this evening

Comment

Ents was the remainder of Lucy Worsley's Lady Killers on BBC Sounds then Richard Hammond's Crazy Contraptions on All4 followed by the jubilee special of The Repair Shop.

Tea was a couple of sausages in a freshly baked ciabatta roll. The remainder of the packet will be snacked on tomorrow I suspect.

Comment

Working...
                      X