• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    I think I'll separate the duvet parts and stick with the two-thirds portion for now, perhaps keeping a throw nearby that I can deploy if the nights should get chilly again
    Ne'er cast a clout & all that. The May isn't out yet.

Morning.

Weird dreams now faded into nothingness.

Dry.

Grey.

Sunless.

Less chilly at 16.7 deg in here.

1023 mBar, 30.21 in Hg, 767.3131 Torr, 14.84 psi, 72% RH.

Friday.

Smalls in the WM.

Smalls out of the WM and into the TD.

Shirts in the WM.

Smalls out of the TD.

Shirts out of the WM and into the TD.

Cottons in the WM.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the light drizzle.

Shirts out of the TD, smalls back in TD.

Lunch: poached tomato and scrambled egg on toasted crust, bramble jelly sandwich, red pippy corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Archive on R4: the wonders of the fall of the USSR.

Smalls out of the TD & airing upstiars.

Cottons out of the WM and into the TD.

Shirts roughly iRoned, it must be said that the rather ancient white shirt pongs rather strongly of whatever mothproofing Strangelove Mater used to put in the wardrobe. Then again it hasn't been worn in 8 years or more so a couple of washes might refresh it a bit. It's quite yellow too.

Cottons out of the TD and the pillow cases & tea towels duly iRoned.

I'm finding this enjoyment of iRoning stuff a tad disturbing.

Entertainment: Discovering Harvey Keitel.

Tea: Tesco breaded haddock, some fruit cocktail, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Farscape S2 E3 "Taking the stone". Planet of royal graves. Weird.

Freecell score: 100% (of 16), running average 85% (84.53%).

"What happened in the 90s" on R4 with Robert Carlyle.

For no readily apparent reason I've just eaten half a small tin of Tesco ham. Slice by slice, on its own.

Followed by some Southern Comfort, equally inexplicably.

Entertainment: finishing "The British Way of Life", though the chapter about the Constitution was like pulling teeth.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 6 May 2022, 22:39.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Good afternoon all

It's a glorious sunny day here in Lisbon. Currently 25 degrees with a high of 26 forecast but I reckon it might squeak up a bit higher.

Went out to buy lots of varieties of tinned fish and some pasteis de nata, as is the law round these parts. Now back on ship as we're due to leave in about an hour or so.
      Last edited by ladymuck; 6 May 2022, 17:46. Reason: autocorrect is very inconsistent about how it chooses to mess up apostrophes

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        You mean I have to join the gram so I can become a LM stalker as well?
        Nah, I wouldn't bother. It's all pictures of my dinner and cocktails

Comment

There's a button on Instagram that says FOLLOW but not one that says STALK. Do I have to sign up for that?

Just rescued a little worm on the patio from the hot sun. Gave him a bit of water and put him in the shade. You probably think I'm being silly but you won't think so when you get to the gates of heaven and find god is a worm.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Worms are very important little critters!

Comment

Shopping done

This included a pop into M&S to collect an order: new bedding, to which I decided to treat myself as some of my existing stuff is definitely showing its age. And while I was there, I was able to stock up on nice sausages and Southern not-fried chicken

At Sainsbury's, the hot food counter didn't have anything I fancied, so lunch was some cold chicken thighs with a bag of crisps

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

Ne'er cast a clout & all that. The May isn't out yet.
                True, but the forecast for the next week seems reasonably optimistic and there's always the furry throws in case of unexpected chilliness

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

It's a glorious sunny day here in Lisbon. Currently 25 degrees with a high of 26 forecast but I reckon it might squeak up a bit higher.
                  I checked earlier and can confirm that you are where they told you you are; well, the vessel they told you you're on is, at any rate

Comment

Tiddley pom ti pom.

Comment

Here we go.

Comment

Working...
                      X