• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^^^ WTAS.

Morning.

Grey.

Sunless.

Chilly at 15.5 deg in here.

1007 mBar, 29.74 in Hg, 755.3 Torr, 14.6 psi, (down from 1009 last night), 71% RH.

Friday.

The washing frenzy has commenced: smalls in the WM.

Curiously TPD precipitates me back to the dim & distant days of September 2018 when I still had some sort of purpose in life, if only putting my office back together after the move.

Considering what's happened to it since, it was a bit of a waste of time, all in all.

Smalls out of the WM & into the TD, the little red light thereon was illuminated, but went out when the door was closed. I vacced the filters & suchlike last week so feck nose wtf that's about.

Shirts in the WM.

Smalls out of the TD.

Shirts out of the WM and into the TD.

Cottons in the WM.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked. It's windy and feels about 10 deg colder than yesterday.

Shirts out of the TD, Smalls back in the TD.

Cottons out of the WM.

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato on Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt toasted crust, red pippy corner yog, bramble jelly & marmalade sandwiches, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

The Asus Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee just died after I put it back down when it was "restoring" from hibernation.

It's now toast: no boot, black screen, can hear the disk spin up but that's it.

Ho hum.

Smalls out of the TD.

Cottons in the TD.

Shirts roughly iRoned.

Everything airing where appropriate.

Eeeeeeeeeeee taken to bits, put back together, still fecked. Looks like it's terminal and not in A Good Way.

Next batches of fiery bol and chilli con carne duly made and awaiting meeting the freezer.

Entertainment: Discovering Meryl Streep.

Farscape S1 E15 "Durka returns".

"Coast & country" on ITV: local stuff about Neath Abbey, the ironworks etc.

Mildly inneresting in its way if you like ancient abbeys used for smelting copper and ironworks that built early steam engines & iron ships.

Tea: Tesco breaded haddock, last of the peach slices, a yog, a pork pie, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: a determindly non booting non anything eeeeeeeeeeeeeeee pc. Taking to bits & putting it back together changed nothing.

Coastal Britain with Kate Humble: from St. Abs to Berwick on Tweed. Inneresting in parts.

Mediaeval Death on Blaze again with those horrendous 888 gambling ads irritating the tulipe out of me.

Horizon on PBS: the First Britons.

I seem to have ground to something of a halt on the viewing of "Alias".

Back in the day, long long ago, it seemed quite gripping.

These days, not so much. In fact, a bit like pulling teeth without the enjoyment.

In other news, I'm really missing the eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 22 April 2022, 22:34.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Cloudy. Currently 11 degrees with a high of 16 expected. Barometer down to 1009 mBar. Unlikely to rain.

The exterior doer-upperers have done much painting outside. It is a significant improvement. I suspect a extra coat or two will be done before they go. I wonder if they will also do the window frames and security bars?

Comment

Morning denizens

The sun was out not long ago but it's turned "mostly cloudy" now. Currently 11°C with 14° on the cards, and the barometers are slightly down again at 1003/1011mB

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

Happy birthday Nick!
          Thank you!

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

TFIF, etc.
          Indeed

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

WHS

Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
              ^^^ WTAS.
              Ta muchly

Comment

Is it someone's birthday?
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Twin A has just got a blue badge on mental disability grounds - got to say she is sneaky. full story they've managed to add another disability to the ones she's been diagnosed with.
                  Last edited by eek; 22 April 2022, 11:38.
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Lunch: a sausage and bacon baguette with red sauce. Very tasty, and should make up for the calories used up by the ~7 miles of walking I did yesterday

And it's turned sunny out, though there seems to be something of a breeze

The recycling bin wasn't trundled last night, because it makes a racket so doing it at two in the morning seemed like a bad idea. So I popped down and trundled it this morning. Unfortunately, after several weeks of turning up at lunchtime, the bin folk decided this week to go back to showing up first thing, so I'd missed them

So it's been trundled back in, and people will just have to squash it down so there's room

Comment

Took a brisk walk up to the High Street to pick up an order for me from Waitrose (John Lewis) and an order for HWMBO from M&S.

Quite breezy out. It would be rather toasty if it wasn't for that.

Comment

Working...
                      X