• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is just round the corner: Search for driver after car crashes into Leicester property - BBC News

The road's still closed

Comment

The smoke detector settled down after I removed and reattached the battery. The clip for those 9v batteries never feels like it's properly attached and, as it turns out, that was the reason for the unit complaining.

Comment

I've decided not to go to the Chinese tonight

This is to assist in the current project of running down stocks in the freezer. I also didn't buy any meat at Sainsbury's yesterday so I have to use up what I've already got

Comment

Non-oriental tea has been beef scouse, with a thick end of seeded (but not very sesame-seeded) bloomer

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            I've decided not to go to the Chinese tonight

This is to assist in the current project of running down stocks in the freezer. I also didn't buy any meat at Sainsbury's yesterday so I have to use up what I've already got
            DOOOM!

Comment

TFBSZ. I supported England in a Rugby match. Never again!
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Tonight's major motion picture premiere was Boiling Point (2021) in which a chef strives to keep his team on track through a really busy Friday night in his restaurant. Sounds a bit dull when you put it that way, but it isn't; it's a great film, and single shot to boot. Seriously, watch this if you get the chance; it's really good

And then I stuck with the single shot idea with a rewatch of 1917 (2019) which is a great film IMHO.

And finally another rewatch, this time of Bombshell (2019), also a great film.

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning.

Dry.

CBS.

Sunny.

Cold in here at 13.3 deg.

1025 mBar, 30.27 in Hg, 768.8 Torr, 14.866 psi, (unchanged since last night), 72% RH.

Sunday.

The wireless went <click> as soon as Paddy started spouting his nonsense.

In other news I've never seen nor heard a little owl.

Or, for that matter, any other sort of owl.

I feel bereft.

This morning's dream was sommat to do with a job I had in Cwmbran and a wedding, WTF that was all about is quite quite beyond me. :eye

Lunch: the chicken breast (Morrisons, reduced) turned out to be diced chicken breast so cooked remarkably fast which cocked up my timing no end , a yog or two, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Just a Minute (since when do they announce the actual scores?).

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the sunshine without so much in the way of wind.

It's electrifiying: https://uk.news.yahoo.com/drunk-tesl...160000241.html

And a local yokel at that. There's tidy then. It'll be a bit difficult getting from Llanrhidian to Cardiff without a car though.

Entertainment: commentary on Alias S1 E1 & S1 E2, the first one being the more inneresting (which ain't saying much).

Tea: baked potato with cheese & baked beans, a yog, a bramble jelly sandwich, a ham & mustard sandwich, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment:

Alias S1 E4 "A broken heart".

Alias S1 E5 "Doppelganger".

The irritating thing about Alias which I'd quite forgotten is the cliffhanger to every fecking episode, which doesn't much matter on dvds since all you have to do is FF to the start of the next ep & FF through the boring "previously on Alias" bits until the story carries on.

Ipcress S1 E3. I have a hazy recollection of the book (and the radio play thereof) and the film, and this doesn't particularly resemble any of these.

Spotting the number plates on the cars lends it some excitement to find out if they've still got MOTs or not.
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 20 March 2022, 20:23.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      This is just round the corner: Search for driver after car crashes into Leicester property - BBC News

The road's still closed
                      According to the Beeb there was one in Nottingham too
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X