• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tea has been chicken casserole with chips and peas, and was very tasty

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

I've got some "shortened" ones in the queue I haven't watched yet too, though the oldest expires on Sunday so I'd better get on with them
      I had some shortened ones too so watched them first. All ones I must have seen relatively recently as I still remembered the objects.

Comment

No bins have been trundled as they can wait until Tuesday's collection

Not feeling too great so I'm getting an early night.

Comment

Larry & Paul were good tonight
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

This evening's telly was more of the same as every evening now: the car people with an old… Datsun, I think? Then the gold diggers, and the antiques chap, who'd gone abroad again. And I half-watched some thing about converting a sporty 1970s BMW to run on electricity

And then the highlight of the evening: a new episode of The Repair Shop, including a very fine wind-powered Noah's Ark

Early night now as it's bin rescue duty first thing in the morning

Goodnight all

Comment

Odd dream before waking, seemed to involve something to do with being asked to work overtime on a Sunday & demanding triple time. Oh dear dead days so far beyond recall.

Really odd because I haven't worked a Sunday in more than 40 years.

Curiously it must have been Siliconix because Linda QA was there.

The last twice I met her were in charity emporia in Neath.

Said dream also included the futile search for a lavatory that so often seems to return.

Morning.

Dry.

Sunny.

Foggy.

Cold at 12.5 deg in here.

1039 mBar, 30.68 in Hg, 779.3 Torr, 15.07 psi, (up from 1035 mBar last night), 73% RH.

Friday.

The washing tedium is ongoing, with the smalls in the WM.

Smalls out of the WM and into the TD.

Shirts in the WM.

Smalls out of the TD (for now).

Shirts out of the WM and into the TD.

Cottons in the WM.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the sunshine.

Noted the fresh detritus appearing on the lane up the hill since I cleaned the last lot up a couple of days ago.

Shirts out of the TD and roughly ironed: airing upstairs.

Smalls back in the TD to finish off.

Smalls out of the TD.

Cottons out of the WM and into the TD.

Lunch: scrambled egg (plus some rather unpleasant tinned ham that I'll never buy ever again) and poached tomato on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toasted crust, bramble jelly & marmalade sandwiches, red pippy corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Since it's a pleasantly sunny day I think I'll go out to Tesco & do the shopping.

One is alarmed to find that Tesco no longer sell dvds or Cds.

And the stock thereof in Morrisons seems mightily reduced from what once it was. .

Shopping trip to Tesco done, dusted, washed, dried, sanitised & put away.

Timed it just right for the oiks to be leaving the comp in their usual droves.

They don't seem to finish at 15:45 any more, instead it's a bit earlier..

Freecell score: 88%, running average 84%.

Tea: Tesco chunky breaded haddock, some peach slices (in light syrup, I do miss the old heavy syrup of yore), a yog (or two), 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Oddly, it's still light outside at 18:30. Most peculiar.

Entertainment: Discovering Judi Dench.

Since Quantum Leap has ended, it's Car SOS instead: the Peugeot 504 repeat.

Johnny Cash "Hurt" review thing on Sky Arts.

Some Strange Things bollox on Blaze.

Some Roswell bollox on something else.

Some underground UFO bunkers on Quest +1.

All bollox but there you go.
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 18 March 2022, 23:10.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all
                Blue skies, sunny, a lovely mist in the valley (which I stayed away from), 7oC when we went out.

TFIF, etc

Comment

Morning denizens

Walk briskly walked, green ring closed

The recycling bin hadn't been done when I set off. It also hadn't been done when I got back, so maybe last week's early collection was a fluke?

Anyway, it's a rather cold start at 3°C, with fog (though it would be called mist in the countryside at that density) to make everything feel a bit damp. Up to 15°C expected later as it brightens up though, and continuing dry with a mild night to come. Barometers are waaaay up at 1034/1042mB

As I was out before the binfolk, all the recycling in the area where they use bags was proudly on display. I thought the Carlsberg house had put up a good show this week, but then I came to the Carling Black Label house, where they'd managed an amazing three or four bags of cans in addition to the one with normal household packaging waste and such in it

Comment

Saw a thread on that there twitter earlier about the M25 and thought - there's one for Nick, maybe a MLFTB.

Got to the end of it, was about to share it, then realised that the reason I saw it was because Nick had retweeted it.

Comment

Morning all

Lovely blue sky this morning. No fluff to be seen. Currently 8 degrees with a high of 15 later. Barometer up to 1040 mBar. Had to check my weather app to see if that was about right (they say it's 1043 mBar at whatever weather station their info comes from). Also corroborated by NF's measurements I see.

Went to bed early last night. Didn't get much sleep. Much to do today at the coal face but hopefully I'll still get to finish at a reasonable time.

Comment

Working...
                      X